Help on PC to Projection TV

Hi All,

I saw some posts about using a projection TV as a computer monitor. I
have a Mitsubishi 55'' rear projection HDTV with VGA input, firewire
and composite, ect.

I connected the VGA, an ATI radeon 8500 DVI to composite... and under
each scenario the output is fine, but my computer desktop does not
fit. My TV supports up to 1080i, but no combination (760, ect) seems
to allow the desktop to show correctly.

One person said a scan line converter might help (not sure what it is
or where to get one).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ike
4 answers Last reply
More about help projection

    If it is a CRT based Mitsubishi RPTV it likely only supports 640x480 on the
    VGA input. The DLP units work great for monitors but the CRT based sets
    were not intended for that purpose.

    Leonard

    "Leonard Caillouet" <nospam@noway.com> wrote in message news:<Lr7kd.1641$WC6.115@bignews3.bellsouth.net>...
    > If it is a CRT based Mitsubishi RPTV it likely only supports 640x480 on the
    > VGA input. The DLP units work great for monitors but the CRT based sets
    > were not intended for that purpose.
    >
    > Leonard
    Hi Leonard,

    Is there any option you know of...my ATI converts the DVI to
    component, but the overscan is terrible (can't see windows controls,
    start button ect.)

    Ike

    I have a Sony KDF-60WF655 LCD back projection TV. It has HDMI but
    when I drive it from my PC using a DVI to HDMI cable, I just get 640 c
    480 resolutin and additionally the lines are warpeed and there is a
    lot of overscan.

    When I drive it with a S-Video output of a graphics card, again the
    card only puts out 640 x 480 and the immage quality is quite poor.

    Is there any way to drive the TV from the PC with a signal that makes
    use of the TV's native 1080 x 720 i ?

    In other words, can I get my computer output to look great like DVD's
    do?

    Does anyone know of any third party converters that may help?

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Larry

    Hi, the answer is do NOT use S-Video, otherwise the quality you will get
    will not be greater than 480. I learned this the hard way after buying an
    extra S-video cable. User either RGB or DVI. Component may work also, but
    I am unsure
    "L Miller" <miller@scientificinvestor.com> wrote in message
    > I have a Sony KDF-60WF655 LCD back projection TV. It has HDMI but
    > when I drive it from my PC using a DVI to HDMI cable, I just get 640 c
    > 480 resolutin and additionally the lines are warpeed and there is a
    > lot of overscan.
    >
    > When I drive it with a S-Video output of a graphics card, again the
    > card only puts out 640 x 480 and the immage quality is quite poor.
    >
    > Is there any way to drive the TV from the PC with a signal that makes
    > use of the TV's native 1080 x 720 i ?
    >
    > In other words, can I get my computer output to look great like DVD's
    > do?
    >
    > Does anyone know of any third party converters that may help?
    >
    > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Larry

HDTV TV Computer Home Theatre