henke99

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2006
Hi

I have finaly build my first computer and It worked fine until I should install games. The Installation program starts ok but when It starting to install the game files a error accure. It says: A file is missing (.cab). At first I thought it was someting wrong with the dvd-drive so I copied the cd to the harddrive but the same error acurre again. Then I installed another harddrive but the same error again. I think it someting wrong with the core 2 duo processor. So if someone with the same processor as me could say if he/she has applied any patch or someting to fix this? Is there any patch to core 2 duo? Is there anyting else that could be wrong?

My Computer
Processor: Intel core 2 duo e6400 2.13ghz
Moderbord: Asus P5v-Vm-DH
1024mb apacher ddr2
Graphiccard: x1600pro 256mb
Harddrives: 1x 250gb samsung spinpoint (SATA)
1x 250gb Western digitals (IDE)

Please Help me I really want to see how "good" my computer is.

fattony

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2006
is it just one particular game? maybe the image is corrupted

i don't think it's your cpu tho...you have any issues with other software installing, applications i mean

64bit windows?

henke99

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2006
I have tried with 3 games. Half-Life 2, Doom 3, silkroad. Same error on all of them.

I tried installing my sound card (X-FI). I got serval errors there to.

I have tried with Xp sp1 and Xp sp2. I haven't tried 64bit yet.

Shell I test the 64bit xp?

exit2dos

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2006
When you swapped drives, did you do a "fresh" install of Windows?

Did you install your motherboard drivers from the Asus CD before installing the ATI drivers?

Have you tried installing any non-game or sound applications? - You might have a bad DirectX install.