Edit : Swiftech H20 Premium cooler on a E4300

03flat4

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2006
I just finished building my 4300 Oced rig, and after all was done, i was not happy with the temperature I was getting a 3GHZ, and the fan noise. I have decided to take the Water plunge for just the CPU, since my powercolor x1950xt has a very quiet fan, and that is very tolerable by itself.

My CPU is the E4300 - OCed to 2700GHZ at the moment, until I get in the water cooler.

my case is the Antec P180 case.

my goals :

-quiet
-reliable
-enough that my CPU can go to 3GHZ-3.15GHZ ---somewhere in that
range.. 3GHZ and QUIET would be definitely sufficient!
-does not have to use an AC adapter to power it.

After reading the water cooling guide, and some people's posts, I am interested in the "Petra'sTech CoolKit Lite". Is that a good choice for my requirements? Would i need anything else? can I use their setup nicely in my rig(replace one of the Antec 120mm fans with their fan and setup nicely in my case and satisfy my requirements?

Price is somewhat flexible, but I do read a lot of good about Petra's tech shop.

thanks!

03flat4

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2006
thanks, I will get back on the results :) It seems like the E6300 has been OCed by many to around 3.4GHz ish with water...is that probably a good safe stable goal for the 4300?

rammedstein

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2006
take your e4300 out of your computer, run an exacto knife around it to cut the rubber, stick it back in run prime or orthos for about 10 mins quickly pull it out, and give the ihs a push to the side and see if it moves, lol, if it does, then take it off, viola, no need for extra cooling, just make sure your heatsink sits on it properly, instant 8-12oC temp drop.

tool_462

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2006
Terrible plan to remove the IHS...success rate isn't worth the risk unless you have the money to buy a new CPU. Even when done properly the core still gets damaged sometimes.

And yes, 3.4Ghz is a reasonable target to shoot for, usually a little higher for the E4300. Higher multiplier makes it a little easier on the memory too.

rammedstein

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2006
the way i said to remove the ihs is foolproof, all, you are doing really is seeing if it is a soldered one or not... if it is a soldered one, well, it's worth a try but you won't be able to remove it safely, if it is a greaser it will be easy. (after what happened to me, i have been doing it properly for other people, lol)

03flat4

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2006
Even if it works, it'll just be another thing that would cause me paranoia and worry lol...Baby steps...I'll report back on the OC from the water :D

03flat4

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2006
Very good choice. Basically a DIY kit with all the parts in one package for you :) Update with the new OC once you get it set up!

today, I am @ 3.2GHz Orthos going for 9 hours without instability and still running. Speedfan and Core Temp show temps hanging around 60 degrees.

I have my voltages set at

DDR2 =.3V
FSB : +.3V
MCH +.3V
CPU Voltage : 1.5V

shall I move it up more another increment(I think gigabyte allows for mhz clock bumps giving 45mhz more for each increase. :D

03flat4

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2006
Consider the coolit freezone for a great preinstalled watercooler, or the eliminator if you can't afford the freezone. Both are preinstalled as I mentioned and don't take much effort at all to mount. Or you could go with the apex ultra 220 someone mentioned, or since the e4300 doesn't have a soldered IHS, you could remove that and get a cheapo watercooler instead and get even better temps, but removing the ihs isn't something for a first time modder to do

i am already running with Swiftech H20 Premium kit :)

rammedstein

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2006
03flat4 - why the volts so damn high on your CPU?i think you could probably shave that down a bit and you'd still be fine... that is overkill for that OC, you could probably reach that at 1.4-1.45

03flat4

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2006
03flat4 - why the volts so damn high on your CPU?i think you could probably shave that down a bit and you'd still be fine... that is overkill for that OC, you could probably reach that at 1.4-1.45

ok thanks for the advice. I'll lower CPU volt and re orthos :) ...or maybe Oc a little more :twisted: