fattony

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2006
i'm not some wmp endorser...just letting everyone know it's out, if you don't care for it then don't post, it's the same in the ie7 announcement posts, everyone starts ripping into it and talking about firefox, when the topic is clearly about the release of it

casemods

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2006
I use VLC player it's freeware and it plays a lot of audio and video files without having to install any codecs.

I use VLC for some things, but for my music library I prefer WMP10

i'm not some wmp endorser...just letting everyone know it's out, if you don't care for it then don't post, it's the same in the ie7 announcement posts, everyone starts ripping into it and talking about firefox, when the topic is clearly about the release of it

On the contrary, if you don't want replies, don't make topics :wink: :) :!: :idea:

dunklegend

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2005
I'm only saying that I like VLC better, because it's a similar piece of software.
What I don't like about WMP is that you need to install codecs for it to play some of the formats.

You can tell us what do you like or don't like about WMP and that way we can find things about WMP that will make us wanna try it or avoid it.

I think VLC is a good player and I have find some real good freeware recommended by people that give their names as an option to another program.