deepshad0w

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2006
hi all
i wanna know if i can run light games like wow & games like halo 2 on vista with only 1go ddr2 on dual channel

ps: i will upgrade when next gen games comes out

Solution
You should be able to run WoW on Vista with 1GB RAM although your load times will be a bit lengthy. Not like BF2 lengthy or anything so it probably won't matter much. I'm running Vista RC2 on 1GB RAM right now and I with Aero and Sidebar, and I have anywhere from 300-400MB free. My video card is builtin so I actually have 896MB RAM - if you have ur entire 1GB intact you should be alright with WoW.

Not so sure about Halo 2 though... it's graphics won't be spectacular but it IS a DX10 game. I suppose it will run decently but you'll be a bit disappointed at the load times.

SEALBoy

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
You should be able to run WoW on Vista with 1GB RAM although your load times will be a bit lengthy. Not like BF2 lengthy or anything so it probably won't matter much. I'm running Vista RC2 on 1GB RAM right now and I with Aero and Sidebar, and I have anywhere from 300-400MB free. My video card is builtin so I actually have 896MB RAM - if you have ur entire 1GB intact you should be alright with WoW.

Not so sure about Halo 2 though... it's graphics won't be spectacular but it IS a DX10 game. I suppose it will run decently but you'll be a bit disappointed at the load times.

Solution