Mitsubishi HDTV

Last response: in Home Theatre
November 9, 2004 3:35:30 PM

I have the Samsung Directv receiver and a 55" Mitsubishi TV. The Samsung
has a VGA out and the Mitsubishi has a VGA in.
I was experimenting hoping I might get a sharper picture using the VGA
instead of the regular component hookup (3 RCA Jacks). The only option that
the TV has to recognized the VGA hookup is on a computer setup. I tried
that but get no results.
Anybody know If I actually can do this?

--
Kelly
Austin

More about : mitsubishi hdtv

Anonymous
November 9, 2004 11:20:23 PM

"kelly Thib" <kellyt@datuma.com> wrote in message
> I have the Samsung Directv receiver and a 55" Mitsubishi TV. The Samsung
> has a VGA out and the Mitsubishi has a VGA in.
> I was experimenting hoping I might get a sharper picture using the VGA
> instead of the regular component hookup (3 RCA Jacks). The only option
that
> the TV has to recognized the VGA hookup is on a computer setup. I tried
> that but get no results.
> Anybody know If I actually can do this?
>
> --
> Kelly
> Austin

The Mitsubishi CRT based RPTVs are limited to 640 x 480 on the VGA input.
For the highest resolution use the component, DVI, or HDMI inputs, depending
on the set.

Leonard
Anonymous
November 10, 2004 3:02:52 PM

I have a 55" Mitsubishi HD tv with 1394Firewire or HAVi
Doesn't have DVI or HDMI connections.

"Leonard Caillouet" <no@no.com> wrote in message

"kelly Thib" <kellyt@datuma.com> wrote in message
> I have the Samsung Directv receiver and a 55" Mitsubishi TV. The Samsung
> has a VGA out and the Mitsubishi has a VGA in.
> I was experimenting hoping I might get a sharper picture using the VGA
> instead of the regular component hookup (3 RCA Jacks). The only option
that
> the TV has to recognized the VGA hookup is on a computer setup. I tried
> that but get no results.
> Anybody know If I actually can do this?
>
> --
> Kelly
> Austin

The Mitsubishi CRT based RPTVs are limited to 640 x 480 on the VGA input.
For the highest resolution use the component, DVI, or HDMI inputs, depending
on the set.

Leonard
November 11, 2004 5:02:32 AM

kelly Thib wrote:
> I have a 55" Mitsubishi HD tv with 1394Firewire or HAVi
> Doesn't have DVI or HDMI connections.

Does your model number end in an 11 or an 09? (as in 55809 or 55511?) I
believe the 13 series were (as in a 55313, etc) were the first models with
DVI.

> "Leonard Caillouet" <no@no.com> wrote in message
>
> "kelly Thib" <kellyt@datuma.com> wrote in message
>> I have the Samsung Directv receiver and a 55" Mitsubishi TV. The
>> Samsung has a VGA out and the Mitsubishi has a VGA in.
>> I was experimenting hoping I might get a sharper picture using the
>> VGA instead of the regular component hookup (3 RCA Jacks). The only
>> option that the TV has to recognized the VGA hookup is on a computer
>> setup. I tried that but get no results.
>> Anybody know If I actually can do this?
>>
>> --
>> Kelly
>> Austin
>
> The Mitsubishi CRT based RPTVs are limited to 640 x 480 on the VGA
> input. For the highest resolution use the component, DVI, or HDMI
> inputs, depending on the set.
>
> Leonard
Anonymous
November 11, 2004 5:03:41 AM

"L Alpert" <alpertl@xxcomcast.net> wrote:
> kelly Thib wrote:
> > I have a 55" Mitsubishi HD tv with 1394Firewire or HAVi
> > Doesn't have DVI or HDMI connections.
>
> Does your model number end in an 11 or an 09? (as in 55809 or 55511?) I
> believe the 13 series were (as in a 55313, etc) were the first models
> with DVI.

I have a 55511. It has no DVI.
Chip

Usenet Newsgroup Service $9.95/Month 30GB
Anonymous
November 12, 2004 5:45:34 AM

cjdaytonjrnospam@cox.net wrote:
> "L Alpert" <alpertl@xxcomcast.net> wrote:
>> kelly Thib wrote:
>>> I have a 55" Mitsubishi HD tv with 1394Firewire or HAVi
>>> Doesn't have DVI or HDMI connections.
>>
>> Does your model number end in an 11 or an 09? (as in 55809 or
>> 55511?) I believe the 13 series were (as in a 55313, etc) were the
>> first models with DVI.
>
> I have a 55511. It has no DVI.
> Chip

Yep. I have the 55511 as well. The 55513 has DVI.....
!