clear rapidshare website cookies??

picard

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2004
How do I clear the cookie file that rapidshare & uploading site put in PC? I clear it from browser but it still there. Is there a way to check for it in registry?

picard

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2004
I am using firefox browser. I tried to search for the cookies in registry but unsucessful. I clear the cookies from browser.

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
Try the following. First go to Windows Explorer go to Tools and then Folder Optons and then Check Show Hidden Files and Uncheck Hide Extensions and Hide Protected Files. Then boot into Safe Mode and log in as Administrator. Then go to Documents and Settings and go to the your log in name folder. Try deleting the cooikies in the Cookie Folder. Then got the the Local folder and delete the history, temp, and internet temp folders. The Firefox Cache is in the Application folder under Local, just click through till you get the Cache folder.

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
it shouldn't let you, but make sure you don't delete that index.dat file, otherwise you're screwed

Actually, I've deleted the index.dat file in the previous mentioned folders and had no problems but I agree, better safe than sorry so best not to delete it.

picard

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2004
Try the following. First go to Windows Explorer go to Tools and then Folder Optons and then Check Show Hidden Files and Uncheck Hide Extensions and Hide Protected Files. Then boot into Safe Mode and log in as Administrator. Then go to Documents and Settings and go to the your log in name folder. Try deleting the cooikies in the Cookie Folder. Then got the the Local folder and delete the history, temp, and internet temp folders. The Firefox Cache is in the Application folder under Local, just click through till you get the Cache folder.

thanks for the tip gpaw.