Bad version error

Noticed on a couple of servers when I try to connect I get a 'bad
version,server rejected connection' error.
What causes this?, as they state version 1.96 required (which I have).

Kango<TZW>

Do you have the beta ? Could it be they only allow real 1.96 (the 'final')
computers to connect?

--
-
Jan van Zanten, aka NedFox <TZW>
> Noticed on a couple of servers when I try to connect I get a 'bad
> version,server rejected connection' error.
> What causes this?, as they state version 1.96 required (which I have).
>
> Kango<TZW>

Think with the new install I did, I used the final one although I thought
the files were supposed to be the same anyway, you could be right though.

Kango<TZW>

RobertJM wrote:

> Noticed on a couple of servers when I try to connect I get a 'bad
> version,server rejected connection' error.
> What causes this?, as they state version 1.96 required (which I have).

This means the server is running in "equal mods required" mode and it
will reject you if your mods differ. Eg the server is running with
-mod=finmod and equalmodrequired means only players running ofp with
-mod=finmod can connect. If you use -mod=finmod;hisky you can't
connect, if you have no mods you can't connect either.
cu,

Markus