Crysis is coming to the PS3

kaoru780

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2006
Is it really possible to create a DirectX 10 game on a Geforce 7 equipped console?Oblivion makes sense on the ps3 but Crysis?Then port supreme commander on the ps3 as well, hey i can always plug my usb keyboard and mouse on the ps3.It seems that game companies are going multiplatform these days...

Is it really possible to create a DirectX 10 game on a Geforce 7 equipped console?Oblivion makes sense on the ps3 but Crysis?Then port supreme commander on the ps3 as well, hey i can always plug my usb keyboard and mouse on the ps3.It seems that game companies are going multiplatform these days...
They may have an alternative rendering path for that game. Far Cry could run on Direct X 7,8 and 9(no fancy water on 7). Also note that no console system has "Direct X", they have there own API for graphics. The closest would be Microsoft, but it is still just a modded Direct X like API.

3Ball

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2006
Yea I think they should just stay true to the PC as they said they were going to before. No reason to give the ps3 owners out there more of a reason to spread annoying filth everywhere about how great their little black box is...lol I mean common...really?

Best,

3Ball

Bluefinger

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2006
I think the closest they'll get is explore whether the PS3 is capable or not of running Crysis. That and see how effective the Cell processor is and whether it can be programmed easily or not. Maybe it can, but it'll need to be crippled a little in some way or have a modded engine in order to allow functionality. Either way, I doubt its gonna come out at the same time as the PC version.

weskurtz81

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2006
Turco had such a good game, and then a couple of lucky shots(deflections and screens), and game over. The Stars have an excellent defense but they should not have let up with the 1 goal lead. They should have kept pressing which is what gave them the lead and kept the Canucks playing more D than O. I think it is pretty clear that Turco is not the payoff choke artist that some think he is. It seems to me that the team loses these games in the playoffs, just like they did last night. The Stars played great until the 3rd and OT.

wes

anthonybuchanan

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2003
I cant wait for Crysis on PS3.

With the PC version not being released until early 2008, Crysis on PS3 could be a year later. You never know. It could be sooner.

On the day Crysis is released on the PC I will have my brand newly built PC ready with quad core and DX10 video.

brick88

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2006
last i heard the pc version was being released in august 07. unless im mistaking that for bioshock i have no idea where you got early 08.

EDIT: I just clicked on the link and its the cryengine 2.0, not crysis specifically. It doesn't necessarily mean that crysis will be released for the ps3. and if crysis were to be ported to any other platform other than pc it would be the xbox 360. because of its aforementioned similar api and larger install base.

p.s. please dont turn this into some lame platform war.

MrSiko

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2006
The Crytek guys have stated previously that they will be porting the CryEngine 2.0 to Xbox360 and PS3. They also stated that they have no current plans or desire to port crysis, along with the engine...

stemnin

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2006
The Crytek guys have stated previously that they will be porting the CryEngine 2.0 to Xbox360 and PS3. They also stated that they have no current plans or desire to port crysis, along with the engine...

QFT, I saw the EA guy in a gametrailers video say that.

Bluefinger

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2006
Crysis on the PS3 is highly unlikely. Crytek are only importing the CryEngine 2.0 into the PS3, not the game, so though its more than likely games will be made in the engine specified for the PS3, Crysis will remain PC bound at this moment in time. Besides... FPS games rarely work on consoles (Except for Goldeneye... the age old classic, and maybe Halo to a lesser extent), so sorry to burst the bubble, but enough has already been said by the guys from Crytek and EA in order to invalidate the claim.

Phrozt

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2002
HEY IS THIS A GOOD MOTHERBOARD I THINK SO BECAUSE IT CAN FIT THREE FEET OF COMPONENTS LIKE IT SHOWS IN THE PICTURE IS IT GOOD? I HEAR IT'S BETTER THAN THE PS3

OCC_3by3.jpg

Sorry.. just wanted to contribute to this thread, and this was the best thing that came to mind.

kaotao

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2006
Yeah, I agree. Just tough luck. They totally out played the Canucks in game one, and ended up losing a game they should've won. Just goes to show that you need a little luck too.

bullaRh

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2006

didnt he say they maybe would make crysis for consoles when the PC version was finished? thats how i remember it

anthonybuchanan

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2003
kaotao, please feel free to hijack this thread with your sports talk. You're still my friend.

You guys are lame in one sense. You have almost religious preferences for one versus the other platform. I dont care personally which platform I use. I got my PS3 for 475 and still admire Xbox360 and PC platforms. I will definitely be PS3 and PC once DX10 is prevalent.

Its like women. I'd ____ them all without saying, like you guys would, shes 5'6", 125lb's but I can't do here because shes blond, or, she's hot but her hair is 2" too short for my taste so I won't ____ her.

Lastly, this is the HARDWARE -> GRAPHICS CARD forum and thus PS3 talk belongs here. Besides, I like you guys here a lot.

Bluefinger

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2006
Lastly, this is the HARDWARE -> GRAPHICS CARD forum and thus PS3 talk belongs here. Besides, I like you guys here a lot.

Actually... its in the wrong section. Technically, it should go in the Games -> Console Gaming section, since this about whether Crysis (a game) will appear on the PS3 (a console) or not. :wink:

bruce555

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2006
There is a new vid breaking it down very plainly on www.incrysis.com . Cryengine2 is going to be sold too everyone on all fronts (PC, Xbox, PS3). Crysis on the other hand is going to be PC only.