Sign in with
Your question

Crysis is coming to the PS3

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 16, 2007 3:11:09 PM

Looks like Crysis may end up on the PS3 afterall.

http://www.crytek.com/jobs/item.php?id=42&s=jobs&pID=4

More about : crysis coming ps3

April 16, 2007 3:15:44 PM

Why is this in the graphics cards forum?
April 16, 2007 3:27:46 PM

Attention Deficit Disorder.
Related resources
April 16, 2007 3:48:26 PM

Is it really possible to create a DirectX 10 game on a Geforce 7 equipped console?Oblivion makes sense on the ps3 but Crysis?Then port supreme commander on the ps3 as well, hey i can always plug my usb keyboard and mouse on the ps3.It seems that game companies are going multiplatform these days...
April 16, 2007 3:51:36 PM

Quote:
Why is this in the graphics cards forum?

So true.
April 16, 2007 3:56:23 PM

Go STARS!!!!
April 16, 2007 4:02:26 PM

That was a tough loss for them last night.
a c 116 U Graphics card
April 16, 2007 4:25:58 PM

Quote:
Is it really possible to create a DirectX 10 game on a Geforce 7 equipped console?Oblivion makes sense on the ps3 but Crysis?Then port supreme commander on the ps3 as well, hey i can always plug my usb keyboard and mouse on the ps3.It seems that game companies are going multiplatform these days...

They may have an alternative rendering path for that game. Far Cry could run on Direct X 7,8 and 9(no fancy water on 7). Also note that no console system has "Direct X", they have there own API for graphics. The closest would be Microsoft, but it is still just a modded Direct X like API.
April 16, 2007 4:47:14 PM

Yea I think they should just stay true to the PC as they said they were going to before. No reason to give the ps3 owners out there more of a reason to spread annoying filth everywhere about how great their little black box is...lol I mean common...really?

Best,

3Ball
April 16, 2007 4:52:05 PM

I think the closest they'll get is explore whether the PS3 is capable or not of running Crysis. That and see how effective the Cell processor is and whether it can be programmed easily or not. Maybe it can, but it'll need to be crippled a little in some way or have a modded engine in order to allow functionality. Either way, I doubt its gonna come out at the same time as the PC version.
April 16, 2007 5:30:36 PM

Russians are planing to industrialize the moon 8O
April 16, 2007 5:45:11 PM

Turco had such a good game, and then a couple of lucky shots(deflections and screens), and game over. The Stars have an excellent defense but they should not have let up with the 1 goal lead. They should have kept pressing which is what gave them the lead and kept the Canucks playing more D than O. I think it is pretty clear that Turco is not the payoff choke artist that some think he is. It seems to me that the team loses these games in the playoffs, just like they did last night. The Stars played great until the 3rd and OT.

wes
April 16, 2007 6:17:06 PM

I cant wait for Crysis on PS3.

With the PC version not being released until early 2008, Crysis on PS3 could be a year later. You never know. It could be sooner.

On the day Crysis is released on the PC I will have my brand newly built PC ready with quad core and DX10 video.
April 16, 2007 6:25:24 PM

last i heard the pc version was being released in august 07. unless im mistaking that for bioshock i have no idea where you got early 08.

EDIT: I just clicked on the link and its the cryengine 2.0, not crysis specifically. It doesn't necessarily mean that crysis will be released for the ps3. and if crysis were to be ported to any other platform other than pc it would be the xbox 360. because of its aforementioned similar api and larger install base.

p.s. please dont turn this into some lame platform war.
April 16, 2007 6:30:34 PM

The Crytek guys have stated previously that they will be porting the CryEngine 2.0 to Xbox360 and PS3. They also stated that they have no current plans or desire to port crysis, along with the engine...
April 16, 2007 6:35:03 PM

Quote:
The Crytek guys have stated previously that they will be porting the CryEngine 2.0 to Xbox360 and PS3. They also stated that they have no current plans or desire to port crysis, along with the engine...

QFT, I saw the EA guy in a gametrailers video say that.
April 16, 2007 6:51:22 PM

Crysis on the PS3 is highly unlikely. Crytek are only importing the CryEngine 2.0 into the PS3, not the game, so though its more than likely games will be made in the engine specified for the PS3, Crysis will remain PC bound at this moment in time. Besides... FPS games rarely work on consoles (Except for Goldeneye... the age old classic, and maybe Halo to a lesser extent), so sorry to burst the bubble, but enough has already been said by the guys from Crytek and EA in order to invalidate the claim.
April 16, 2007 6:52:52 PM

HEY IS THIS A GOOD MOTHERBOARD I THINK SO BECAUSE IT CAN FIT THREE FEET OF COMPONENTS LIKE IT SHOWS IN THE PICTURE IS IT GOOD? I HEAR IT'S BETTER THAN THE PS3

Sorry.. just wanted to contribute to this thread, and this was the best thing that came to mind.
April 16, 2007 7:11:31 PM

Yeah, I agree. Just tough luck. They totally out played the Canucks in game one, and ended up losing a game they should've won. Just goes to show that you need a little luck too.
April 16, 2007 7:19:15 PM

Quote:

didnt he say they maybe would make crysis for consoles when the PC version was finished? thats how i remember it
April 16, 2007 7:25:18 PM

kaotao, please feel free to hijack this thread with your sports talk. You're still my friend.

You guys are lame in one sense. You have almost religious preferences for one versus the other platform. I dont care personally which platform I use. I got my PS3 for 475 and still admire Xbox360 and PC platforms. I will definitely be PS3 and PC once DX10 is prevalent.

Its like women. I'd ____ them all without saying, like you guys would, shes 5'6", 125lb's but I can't do here because shes blond, or, she's hot but her hair is 2" too short for my taste so I won't ____ her.

Lastly, this is the HARDWARE -> GRAPHICS CARD forum and thus PS3 talk belongs here. Besides, I like you guys here a lot.
April 16, 2007 7:28:30 PM

PC gaming rules.

Its expensive though and can't do multiplier on one screen for my sons but it still rules.

Bring on DX10.
April 16, 2007 7:30:20 PM

Quote:
Lastly, this is the HARDWARE -> GRAPHICS CARD forum and thus PS3 talk belongs here. Besides, I like you guys here a lot.

Actually... its in the wrong section. Technically, it should go in the Games -> Console Gaming section, since this about whether Crysis (a game) will appear on the PS3 (a console) or not. :wink:
April 16, 2007 7:36:51 PM

There is a new vid breaking it down very plainly on www.incrysis.com . Cryengine2 is going to be sold too everyone on all fronts (PC, Xbox, PS3). Crysis on the other hand is going to be PC only.
April 16, 2007 7:51:12 PM

Bluefinger, this is the correct forum.

Dont go commie on me.
April 16, 2007 7:52:55 PM

Cevat Yerli already said that they are not porting Crysis over to consoles after comments about the job posting.
a b U Graphics card
April 16, 2007 9:10:51 PM

Dallas needs to get their offence to work better in the corners IMO.

And while I agree that Dallas ended up outplaying Van for most of game 1, that was afer Vancouver dominated early. I think it will be a better series than in the past, but I still don't trust turco, he's burned me in 2 playoff pools already, that's why I didn't take him this year.

BTW, I need SJ to do their magic, thank god I didn't take Cheechoo, although he's good I just liked the production of Marleau and Joey Jo Joe and I needs them to make it to round 2 at least mang!

I'm enjoying watching the locals here go mental and wondering how they could be doing so poorly against Detroit,.... uh yeah....., consideirng they coasted into the playoffs on other people's loses, how could they possibly be down 2-zip !?! :roll:
April 16, 2007 9:12:55 PM

Question: Why port a game engine ?

Answer: In order to eventually port game like Crysis.
April 16, 2007 9:14:19 PM

Quote:
Bluefinger, this is the correct forum.

Dont go commie on me.

Actually... a PS3 ain't a graphics card. Its a console, and since this talk is on the game Crysis and whether it will get ported onto the PS3 constitutes this as a topic in the Gaming -> Console Gaming section. We aren't even talking about the console's graphics chip here. The closest we are getting is with the PS3's API but that's software and not hardware.

Besides, with the last post, I tried to make it at least friendly instead of "Wrong section, NOOB!!1!11", unless you'd prefer the latter option. :roll:
April 16, 2007 9:16:22 PM

Question: When will that new Dallas Coboys stadium be built.

Answer: Around the same time Crysis hits PS3.

I hate the cheap shots being made on Sharks players.

I'll bet the league steps in and stops this.
April 16, 2007 9:17:48 PM

I saw a lot of hocket this weekend.
April 16, 2007 9:28:53 PM

Quote:

Wrong answer.

Correct answer: to license the engine for other developments and make far more money with far less effort than making your own game.
April 16, 2007 9:52:33 PM

Quote:
Dallas needs to get their offence to work better in the corners IMO.

And while I agree that Dallas ended up outplaying Van for most of game 1, that was afer Vancouver dominated early. I think it will be a better series than in the past
It has been pretty entertaining. Now it's turned into what everyone thought at the beginning. Very close low scoring games, not the somewhat of a score fest of game 1.

Quote:
BTW, I need SJ to do their magic, thank god I didn't take Cheechoo, although he's good I just liked the production of Marleau and Joey Jo Joe and I needs them to make it to round 2 at least mang!
Yeah seriously. I'm going to be at the game tonight 9rows from the glass. We need Guerin, Marleau, and Thorton to start scoring some goals!!! I think Bell is out and Pavelski's in for now to boost the offense a bit (even though Bell should be the better scorer).

Quote:
I'm enjoying watching the locals here go mental and wondering how they could be doing so poorly against Detroit,.... uh yeah....., consideirng they coasted into the playoffs on other people's loses, how could they possibly be down 2-zip !?! :roll:
Detroit's on a tear. They've been just pelting Kipper with tons of shots. They want really bad to get through the first round after the last couple of disappointing playoff runs.
a b U Graphics card
April 16, 2007 10:09:08 PM

Let's Go RANGERS!

Finish em off at da Garden!
April 16, 2007 10:24:52 PM

If there's money to be made on PS3 then it will be. They might as well go for the 360.
April 16, 2007 10:26:13 PM

Yeah,

The Stars need to be more like the Canucks in corner play. The Canucks were killing them on both ends of the ice in the corners.

Turco though has proven himself very well this year(so far). I think he may have had some issues in the past, but the team is the reason he has the playoff record that he does. Last night shows this, he played a phenomenal game, but the team let him down. They didn't hear him call the reverse which led to the deflection goal right after. If the team would have continued to pressure the Canucks after taking the lead, I think they would have ended the night with a win. But, they allowed the Canucks to get the momentum back by slowing down on the attack and playing more D.

I am not sure what has been happening to them in the playoffs, but Turco has the 2nd most win's of the goalies at the moment. If Turco continues to play as he has been, the only thing what will cause them to lose is the rest of the team(sloppy D and lack of offense).

wes
April 16, 2007 10:26:20 PM

All they really have to do is make the game 7-threaded for the cell proc. then leave the rest to the GPU, which isn't much. DX 10 is for windows games anyway, isn't it?
April 16, 2007 10:34:31 PM

The Cell processor is a bitch to code for since it isn't x86. It may be powerful, but you'll need to learn how to code for it first before you can start porting things onto it. I mean, the PS3 uses its own API, along with the a Cell processor, so porting something from x86 code and DirectX 10 API is gonna be a lot of hard work. Besides, its only the engine getting ported on the game, so if anything, Crytek want to license the PS3 version of the CryEngine 2.0 in order to make some extra, easy bucks. Won't be a PS3 Crysis for a while (and even that's a big if).
April 16, 2007 10:50:12 PM

The PS3 doesn't use all 7 "cores" for games. They are dedicated to certain things. One to the OS and so on. I am not going to go back and reread the article, but if I remember correctly 4-5 of the cores are actually used for running the game.

wes
a b U Graphics card
April 16, 2007 11:09:45 PM

Quote:
Yeah seriously. I'm going to be at the game tonight 9rows from the glass. We need Guerin, Marleau, and Thorton to start scoring some goals!!! I think Bell is out and Pavelski's in for now to boost the offense a bit (even though Bell should be the better scorer).

Enjoy the game, I hope they do well, I'm still a Joey fan, hopefully he can do more for you in the playoffs than he ever did for the Bruins.
Hey you think you guys could get Samsinov from the Habs next year, now they might want a Zamboni or a pair of nets and some goalie pads for him, but it'd be nice to see him go to where he can be useful instead of the Hab-nots.

Quote:
Detroit's on a tear. They've been just pelting Kipper with tons of shots. They want really bad to get through the first round after the last couple of disappointing playoff runs.

Yeah Kipper's the only ting even keeping it from looking like a football score. He's faced 97 shots in 2 games, almost as many as Turco's faced in what amounts to 4 games of play. OIE!! 8O

I hope the Flames make it interesting but they gotta stop taking penalties so Iggy can get his wheels going.
April 16, 2007 11:12:11 PM

Quote:
Yea I think they should just stay true to the PC as they said they were going to before. No reason to give the ps3 owners out there more of a reason to spread annoying filth everywhere about how great their little black box is...lol I mean common...really?

Best,

3Ball

Let them have the watered down sh1tty looking non DX10 no aa or af piece of sh1t port runnin at 15fps :lol: 
a b U Graphics card
April 16, 2007 11:12:13 PM

Quote:
Let's Go RANGERS!

Finish em off at da Garden!

I only support that statement because of Shany, Jagr to me is a panty-waste. He got bumped around last year, but I like Shanahan and I'd love to see him do well again. To me he's got the biggest hear in the NHL and a class sportsmen too.
April 16, 2007 11:17:14 PM

Gotta love Big Joe. He's done incredible for us. It'd be awesome to get Samsinov, but you're right, they'll probably want Toskala, and Carle for him, or some other crazy deal that aint gunna happen.
a b U Graphics card
April 16, 2007 11:17:53 PM

Yep, I agree, and I like Turco (he was my regular season goalie in my pool [didn't expect Brodeur to not have a stoke or something and get that many dang shutouts!]), but in the playoffs, I been burnt by him plenty, but I agree it hasn't been him that's losing it for them right now.

And while I wish you the best, now I need the Stars to lose because I have Sedins in the pool, but I loaded up on SJ, Det, Ottawa and NJ. Who woulda thunk NYR could pummel Atl? :twisted:
a b U Graphics card
April 16, 2007 11:23:03 PM

Quote:
Gotta love Big Joe. He's done incredible for us. It'd be awesome to get Samsinov, but you're right, they'll probably want Toskala, and Carle for him, or some other crazy deal that aint gunna happen.

Actually I don't think you get my gist, Montreal HATES Samsinov, he's had more healthy scratch minutes than any player in the entire league. The Fans don't like him anymore, the team obviously doesn't know how to use him, and the reporters, I watch RDS for all my 'ADAMS division' games and they hate Samsinov saying he was overhyped. I think you could get him for a dozen hockey sticks and a bag of pucks. Montreal might even trade him to SJ if they expressed interest, for just getting rid of the salary, and then a 3rd round draft pick in the 2010 draft.

Believe me it's my dream trade, I doubt either team would be smart enough to see the benefit, but we can always dream.

I still don't like the Teal jerseys, but I could easily become a Sharks booster with Joey and Sammy back together, they were fun to watch and complimented each other greatly (Joey drew the heat off Samsinov who was then free to skate around and setup Joe).
April 16, 2007 11:27:30 PM

PS3 couldnt even handle Crysis, sorry but its a toy, Cell is well capable of all the physics and AI, but the GPU on the playstation suxorz bigtime, apparently it never heard of AA, check out the screenies here for jaggy infestation - http://uk.gamespot.com/ps3/driving/nascar08/images.html

Sorry but PS3 doesnt have enough GPU ram or rather ram overall since its shared
April 16, 2007 11:28:56 PM

Much as I love the sport of slagging off the PS3, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.
April 16, 2007 11:31:18 PM

:oops:  Ah, I get it. Don't know how I missed that one. So much for doing two things at the same time. I don't follow the Habs too much. Only when there were rumors flying around at the trade deadline about them wanting trade Souray for a 1st rounder, and Carle. I like Samsinov though, and it's be nice to see what he could do with Thorton again, but in a Sharks uniform. He played great against us last year in the playoffs with Edmonton. Definitely wouldn't mind having him in our line-up.
April 17, 2007 12:07:15 AM

Quote:
Much as I love the sport of slagging off the PS3, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

lol, well im not deliberately slagging off the PS3, 7 cores and redundent is great for games like crysis, but that video card is based on the 7800( no AA & HDR unless its SW ), Sony has always had bad AA, if you can find me 3 PS3 screenies of the same game with no jaggies then ill eat my words. Im not even anti PS3,i just think its overhyped,look at the 'provisional' tekken screenies compared to the actual game 8O , i have a PS1 and PS2

If the GPU of the PS3 is so great how come a 320MB 8800 GTS cant handle AA @ 1680x1050 because of the limitation for texture memory, granted PS3 will not use DX9( which is why DX10 has much better memory handling ) but uncompressed textures would easily take up 320Megs. PC gaming gfx cards will be standard 512MB soon, a 1280x1024 24 bit image takes 1.57Megs, 33% more when you include 8 bit alpha channel for bumpmapping. That could easily be the resolution of a characters face, so work the math on whats possible
April 17, 2007 12:14:02 AM

Quote:

lol, well im not deliberately slagging off the PS3, 7 cores and redundent is great for games like crysis, but that video card is based on the 7800( no AA & HDR unless its SW ), Sony has always had bad AA, if you can find me 3 PS3 screenies of the same game with no jaggies then ill eat my words. Im not even anti PS3,i just think its overhyped,look at the 'provisional' tekken screenies compared to the actual game 8O , i have a PS1 and PS2

Look, I'll gladly join you in slagging off the PS3, but maybe not for the same reasons.

The only reason that there are no decent games for the PS3 is time, not hardware. Given the developers more than 6 months time to do a botch port and you'll see what the PS3 can do. Until then, for whatever reason, it's fair game for you and me.

It'll be 12 months before we get the real quality PS3 titles, but by then it will cost £200, I'll have bought one at that price and then it will be a bargain. Until then, with crap games and poorly re-mastered Bluray movies, the PS3 is just highly effective number cruncher for a highly ineffective science project.

Go fold.
!