Sign in with
Your question

Crysis is coming to the PS3 - Page 2

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 17, 2007 12:22:42 AM

Quote:
Much as I love the sport of slagging off the PS3, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

lol, well im not deliberately slagging off the PS3, 7 cores and redundent is great for games like crysis, but that video card is based on the 7800( no AA & HDR unless its SW ), Sony has always had bad AA, if you can find me 3 PS3 screenies of the same game with no jaggies then ill eat my words. Im not even anti PS3,i just think its overhyped,look at the 'provisional' tekken screenies compared to the actual game 8O , i have a PS1 and PS2

Look, I'll gladly join you in slagging off the PS3, but maybe not for the same reasons.

The only reason that there are no decent games for the PS3 is time, not hardware. Given the developers more than 6 months time to do a botch port and you'll see what the PS3 can do. Until then, for whatever reason, it's fair game for you and me.

It'll be 12 months before we get the real quality PS3 titles, but by then it will cost £200, I'll have bought one at that price and then it will be a bargain. Until then, with crap games and poorly re-mastered Bluray movies, the PS3 is just highly effective number cruncher for a highly ineffective science project.

Go fold.
I with you dude, im not slagging the PS3 for the sake of it, i think it will take off in 12-18months bigtime, and will most likely pick one up then, im only saying its lacking GPU crunch which tbh is unfortunate
April 17, 2007 2:39:52 PM

I just picked my 60 gig up for $475.
April 17, 2007 2:50:27 PM

So let me get this straight now.

PS3 owners are myself,

TheGreatGrapeApe
katotao
Pauldh
weskurtz81

Are there anymore.

I beleive these four guys are playing against each other using the PS3 hockey game because they talk about hockey a lot in this forum.

Correct guys.

Can you guys give a short review of the PS3 Hockey game ???

I have PS3 Madden NFL. Its awesome.
Related resources
April 17, 2007 3:47:27 PM

I don't own a PS3, and never plan to.
April 17, 2007 5:01:11 PM

To perhaps clear stuff up, that's a job for someone to port CryEngine2 to PS3. They have no plans to port Crysis to consoles, however. Don't believe me, though, check out this guy saying it.

The above also doesn't mean it will never happen, just that they're completely focusing on the PC release now.

Also, that's really old. As in, it's been there for more than half a year.
April 17, 2007 5:03:15 PM

Quote:
Question: Why port a game engine ?

Answer: In order to eventually port game like Crysis.
Real answer: In order to licenese it to more companies to get more money.
April 17, 2007 6:07:03 PM

kaotao, I thought you were playing the PS3 hockey since you guys were talking hockey so much in this PS3 thread.
April 17, 2007 6:07:49 PM

Quote:
Go STARS!!!!

I'VE ANSWERED YOUR CALL. THIS MOFO AS BEEN VOTED!!! D:
April 17, 2007 7:13:40 PM

tamalero, do you guys have a hockey league on the PS3.

I dont have PS3 hockey however I know in PS3 Madden NFL they use real team names.
April 17, 2007 7:17:04 PM

I was pretty impressed Emery in Sunday's game against Pittsburgh. Shame the Leafs didn't make it though, seeing as I'm a southern Ontarioian.
April 17, 2007 8:03:35 PM

Oh come on guys. Let me join your PS3 hockey league.
April 17, 2007 8:06:44 PM

No PS3 hockey league here. We've talking about real hockey.
April 17, 2007 8:20:13 PM

You're talking real hockey inside my PS3 thread.

Rather than trash, hijack, party a thread that other people seem interested in why don't you just muster up the will power to just ignore it you IDIOT. If you don't like the subject then just ignore it.

Now I am going to look at any thread that you start and f__k it all up with irrelevant sports bullshit.

I'm gonna make you and your idiot hockey gang freakin sorry.
April 17, 2007 8:22:39 PM

CRIPPLE FIGHT!!!!!!
April 17, 2007 8:51:44 PM

If you want to blame someone, blame me. I started it when I said GO STARS when I saw his avatar the day after watching the Stars lose game 3. Sorry I started it, but, honestly, the thread is pretty much done. We know that the Crysis engine, or at least a modified version will be coming to consoles at some point in the next 2-3 years. If they port Crysis, it won't be exactly the same as the one on the PC. No DX10. There, case closed, sorry for hijacking your thread. Don't blame them, blame me.

wes

Edit: I don't think calling someone an IDIOT and attacking them is a good way to approach the situation either. You could be a little more polite. I understand the stated offense warrants death by guillotine, but you could cut us a little slack.
April 17, 2007 9:15:29 PM

Already. Slack is cut.

You should realize that hijacking a thread works both ways.

I respect hockey players for their ability to focus through willpower and determination.

You have to decide within yourself that you will fight petty urges to hijack threads that others consider worthwhile.

Be like a hockey player.
April 17, 2007 9:19:54 PM

Suggestion: Try not taking the internet so seriously. Seriously.
April 17, 2007 9:30:19 PM

Hey, something good has to come out of this useless thread that should not have been started in this section of the forumz in the first place. :wink: Go Sharks!!!
April 17, 2007 10:06:28 PM

I think the good that came out of this thread is that you've been warned that hijacking a thread can backfire on the hijacker.
April 17, 2007 10:25:46 PM

Ok... :roll: :twisted:
April 17, 2007 10:46:35 PM

Quote:
I think the good that came out of this thread is that you've been warned that hijacking a thread can backfire on the hijacker.
I think you like buttsex.
April 17, 2007 11:38:41 PM

Quote:

are you trying to teach us a lesson? you really need to calm down. if you don't like the people in this forum, instead of trying to annoy them why not just go to another forum. its really immature of you to be acting in such a way.
a b U Graphics card
April 18, 2007 1:29:00 AM

Quote:

PS3 owners are myself,

TheGreatGrapeApe
katotao
Pauldh
weskurtz81

Are there anymore.

I don't own one I jsut pay with them alot at friends' houses, let them buy the PS3, I'm fine with the Xbox until the Black Xbox comes out with HDMI. Maybe add a Wii in the summer.

Quote:
I beleive these four guys are playing against each other using the PS3 hockey game because they talk about hockey a lot in this forum.

Nah that's not why we did it, it's because thread-jacking a thread where the OP's been informed it's in the wrong forum (second post), yet they persist to keep it in the wrong forum not getting the hint; the best way to shut it down is to thread-jack it with the thing that is more entertaining to the rest of us.

Why flame someone when you can simply thread jack and be as effective with more info for the rest of us?
2mins to you for unsportsman-like conduct!

Now everyone else can participate by posting their favourite hockey emoticon. See threadjacking is FUN !! :twisted:

Quote:
Can you guys give a short review of the PS3 Hockey game ???

Nah I prefer NHL2K7 on the Xbox @ work, just like NHL 2K5 seen here;

a b U Graphics card
April 18, 2007 2:48:15 AM

YEAH BABY!!!!! I'd like to see the Isles and Devils stay in it though also, to bring some hockey craze back to the area like '94 and '95.

LOL, I like the comment about you, Kaotao and I owning PS3's. :lol:  Sorry, but no way I'd buy a PS3. That's why I don't go to the Console Gaming Forumz where these things should be discussed. :idea: I'll still buy a Wii someday when I happen upon one on the shelf.
a b U Graphics card
April 18, 2007 2:58:27 AM

Yeah can't believe they Blew Atlanta out of the water! ridiculous score, didn't watch the game, although coud've, just been busy at work.

Anywhoo, speaking of which it's the end of the first period in Calgary, I'm going home to watch the last bit of the game.

Go Canucks, Go Flames !! (although get alot of points Detroit to help me in the pool! :twisted: )
a b U Graphics card
April 18, 2007 3:01:34 AM

Quote:

tell ya what. If one of us ever hits the lil' kiddie console forumz and starts a PC hardware/gaming topic, then you feel free to hijack it and talk about hopscotch, jump rope, pokeman battles or whatever sport you're into over there, especially if it's smack dab in the middle of the professional playoffs.
April 18, 2007 3:28:21 AM

Well,

It's a sad day for Stars fans. Unless they do the almost impossible, they are done. Turco put in another good game from the highlights that I was able to see, just not enough offense to win the damn game. Sucks to be Turco, working so hard, and getting dinged with the loss. Oh well, it isn't over yet, and maybe they can win in hostile territory since they can't seem to win in Dallas. Stars have good D, just not enough O. :? Thoughts on this tragic subject hockey fans? :twisted:

wes
a b U Graphics card
April 18, 2007 5:48:30 AM

Unfortunately with the wonky scheduling (WTF both Western Canadian teams playing the same night?), I didn't get to see much of that game, just the opening minutes, yeah I have to say considering what I've seen, it's definitely not Turco's fault this time around. The biggest problem though is you also have one of the other top goalies in the league at the other end. From what I saw early on Luongo stood on his head too.

The 3 games I saw were great and the opening period was good, I think Dallas to win needs to do what the Flames needed to do tonight, and simply win that day's game, not worry about the series.

While I wish you luck, sorry I do hope the Canucks win, nothing would be more fun than the Canucks - Flames in the playoffs, 3 years ago I went to 2 of the games here an they were awesome !! 8)
April 18, 2007 9:03:28 PM

Go CANUCKS!!!

You would not believe how important the playoffs are to Canadian fans (and Canadians in general). It pretty much dominates our culture and media for a few months of the year. Its just too bad that it cost 100s of dollars to see a game. I hope that Calgary can comeback to win the series and that Ottawa can finish off Detroit. I would love to see Vancouver vs Calgary in the Conference Finals and then Vancouver vs Ottawa in the Finals (with Vancouver winning of course).
April 20, 2007 3:42:51 PM

These OT posts are being reported to the mods.
April 20, 2007 3:46:39 PM

Quote:
These OT posts are being reported to the mods.

:roll: It was good and buried. Why...
April 20, 2007 4:42:53 PM

Let's go Hurrica......damn, we didn't even make the playoffs. Nevermind.
April 20, 2007 10:32:57 PM

Quote:
I cant wait for Crysis on PS3.

With the PC version not being released until early 2008, Crysis on PS3 could be a year later. You never know. It could be sooner.

On the day Crysis is released on the PC I will have my brand newly built PC ready with quad core and DX10 video.

Crysis will be out this september.
April 21, 2007 12:57:22 AM

Quote:
I cant wait for Crysis on PS3.

With the PC version not being released until early 2008, Crysis on PS3 could be a year later. You never know. It could be sooner.

On the day Crysis is released on the PC I will have my brand newly built PC ready with quad core and DX10 video.

Crysis will be out this september.
yep, so he'll need to save 5 times faster for a quad core etc. :twisted:
      • 2 / 2
!