Connection issue with AMD 4000+and Asus A8N32 SLI Deluxe MB

SwampDog

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2007
I'll start off with specs for my system... AMD Athlon 4000+, Asus A8N 32 SLI Deluxe, 1g Corsair memory Arctic Pro 64, Evga 7900 GS.
The problem I'm having is when I start multiplayer on Battlefield 2. After I pick a server I want to join and click "join server", the computer loads into the game. Then when I connect to that server there's another button in the bottom right that says "join game". After hitting that button the BF2 song thats playing in the background "sticks" like a broken record. This goes on for about 10-15 seconds and then I lose the connection. I get the popup that says "your connection to the server has been lost". This happens usually only on my first try getting into a server. When I try to join once again, I usually get right in on the second try. But it never connects on the first try. It always drops the connection. I have never had any trouble with my other computer doing this so its new to me. I heard somewhere that there was some type connection problem with the Asus MB and AMD 4000+ Processor. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

SwampDog

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2007
I remember reading a forum somewhere where others were having the same trouble but of course am unable to find it again. I have new CAT 5e from the computer in question, running into my router. Also new phone line from the router to the box outside.
I still can't figure out why it always disconnects from the server the first time but connects the second try ( and stays connected). Its really beyond my skill level to reconfigure computer ports through the router though.