CrimsonKain

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2006
First- this was all set up before I came on, and the minimal documentation left behind has been of no help.

Our store uses the DFL-200 (obviously) and its main use seems to be preventing people from surfing the web during their work day. The IP address is the default 192.168.1.1; however, when I go to this IP I get a login screen for authentication that simply allows me to browse the web unrestricted. This naturally does not look like the DLink log in screen, and I've tried all kinds of combinations of default logins to no avail. The password provided to me works for getting online, but I've been unable to figure out what I need to do to actually log in to the hardware and make some changes that need to be done. Obviously a hard reset would allow me to start from scratch, but I'm hoping for something more simple and less destructive. Thanks in advance for your help.

CrimsonKain

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2006
I have the manual. It's useless for this scenario. Hell, I can't even be sure that this is a result of the router or something else since the manual makes no mention of it. We're on a simple workgroup, so that eliminates a server with filtering software. I just need to be pointed in the general direction.

Iceblue

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2006
... however, when I go to this IP I get a login screen for authentication that simply allows me to browse the web unrestricted. ....
This makes no sense to me, but I don't know anything specific about your device.

You could try attaching to the device's serial port.

CrimsonKain

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2006
Trust me, I was confused the first time I saw it...and many times after. I'll have to wait till the boss comes back since the router is in his [locked] office, and I can only pray that his laptop has a serial port since the computers are all in another room a good 25 feet away minimum. I'll take a screenshot tomorrow of the funky login screen at work if I get some time.

CrimsonKain

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2006
I'm posting some of the pages on photobucket. It refers to policy but I've yet to find anything in the policy settings for this. If I view the source on these pages it lists the script language as Java for the login page itself and the rest as HTML. For reference all computers are running XP Pro.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y185/Crimson_flame/denied.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y185/Crimson_flame/login.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y185/Crimson_flame/success.jpg

As I mentioned, I've been searching through the policy settings on the comp itself but to no avail. Hopefully this will help someone point me in the right direction.

CrimsonKain

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2006
All is well now. I believe the mysterious login page is some type of .asp script, since .asp maker is on this comp and there's a nice big access database of all kinds of forms that relate to the business which I don't understand, not being a programmer of any kind.

I found the router login through a Word document for the firewall's whitelist, which linked to the IP, but I also had to add the port number at the end (192.168.1.1:xxxx) and I got the correct login screen for the router. Thanks for the help, everyone.