IE 7 and Compatibility w/installed Program

trainmaster5

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2006
I use a program called "Ding" which connects me to the Southwest Airlines site and special pricing. Since installing IE 7 from the MS update site the program no longer works. The dialog box comes up but nothing happens when you click on a button to go to the site. Normally IE opens up and takes you to the site. I'm running Zone Alarm Internet security Suite and haven't changed anything in that program. Any ideas?

diplomat696

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2004
probably the "ding" proggy your using isnt compatible with the new code or w/e in IE7.

My suggestion would be see if you can find an update for "ding" which might work with IE7 or revert back to IE6 or see if you can just open the link it gives u directly in IE7 rather than using ding.

Not necessarily in that order preferernce, I would probably look for the updated proggy first, then try the direct link and revert to IE6 if you really must.

If you use "ding" enough sounds like it could be worth it but otherwise you might want to just hang in there or email the "ding" customer service/support to see what they can suggest, assuming that they have customer service :)

trainmaster5

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2006
I've reverted to IE 6 and can access Southwest's site. I think the Ding update is the problem here. If I use the updated Ding I get a blank IE 6 page, not Southwest.com. Before I go back to IE 7 are there any "gotchas" with it? I've been using FF 2 lately and I like it.

diplomat696

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2004
I say use what works for you FF2 is nice and probably better than IE7 anyway but for me its more about personal preference. Every browser has its pros and cons.

If FF2 is working right for you with no issues then why change it you know.

Have a nice day :)

trainmaster5

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2006
I reinstalled IE 7 and "DING", in that order, and everything is working OK.
I'm still using FF2 most of the time but certain programs seem to work better in IE. Thanks for the advice. Waiting for Vista to create some new "gotchas".