Good missions for a bunch of friends vs the AI?

We've been playing Ghost Recon and all it's associated mods for years
now because there are an enormous amount of missions that work well
for a group of 3-5 human players (lan or internet) vs the AI. In
fact all of the single player missions work well in that setup. And
the user mods are also full of them too.

What about Flashpoint? From reading forums and webpages i see that
there are a lot of human vs human missions. But what about human vs
AI? Can anyone point me to a good addon that will have a lot of
these?

Thanks. So far i'm enjoying the single player experience and i hope
multiplayer will be just as fun.

Find coop servers like TJ's. I don't know how many are out there, but on
gamespy I see a few coop servers every day.

--
-
Jan van Zanten, aka NedFox <TZW>

On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 18:09:52 +0200, "NedFox <TZW>" <neddy@nowhere.com>
wrote:

>Find coop servers like TJ's. I don't know how many are out there, but on
>gamespy I see a few coop servers every day.

I was just going to have one of us run the server on our own computer.
The problem is the missions. There are a bunch of team type capture
the flag missions. some deathmatch. and a few that are designated
co-op. I'm just wondering if there is a online resource of a whole
load of downloadable co-op missions.

Try a site like http://www.opflash.org/ on left side is Mission Platoon , Mission Downloads click on co-op and it should take you
here http://www.opflash.org/maps.php?pt=Co-Op you are going to have to check each mission . in the Comment for info on # of
players

--
WÅTÒÓÇÊ<TZW>
www.timezone-warriors.net

The Claw is my Master
I have Been Chosen
Ooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhh

wrote:

>Find coop servers like TJ's. I don't know how many are out there, but on
>gamespy I see a few coop servers every day.

I was just going to have one of us run the server on our own computer.
The problem is the missions. There are a bunch of team type capture
the flag missions. some deathmatch. and a few that are designated
co-op. I'm just wondering if there is a online resource of a whole
load of downloadable co-op missions.

go on TJ's server... when it is idle... look for some of TJ's coops
start the mission
exit the game
move mission from MPCache folder to MPMission folder
voila

"James Siegel" <jamess459@mchsi.com> wrote in message
> go on TJ's server... when it is idle... look for some of TJ's coops
> start the mission
> exit the game
> move mission from MPCache folder to MPMission folder
> voila
>

> "opyl" <opyl@n0spam.com> wrote in message
> > On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 18:09:52 +0200, "NedFox <TZW>" <neddy@nowhere.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > >Find coop servers like TJ's. I don't know how many are out there, but
on
> > >gamespy I see a few coop servers every day.
> >

> > I was just going to have one of us run the server on our own computer.
> > The problem is the missions. There are a bunch of team type capture
> > the flag missions. some deathmatch. and a few that are designated
> > co-op. I'm just wondering if there is a online resource of a whole
> > load of downloadable co-op missions.

You beat me to it there. Doing it that way is also a good way to try before
you buy, if you see what I mean. You might want to check out 'mod-folders'
and some of the newer switchs to play the game with the required addons
though. Do a search for Avon lady and operation flashpoint.

On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 09:11:11 GMT, "didgerman" <aw990012@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>"James Siegel" <jamess459@mchsi.com> wrote in message
>> go on TJ's server... when it is idle... look for some of TJ's coops
>> start the mission
>> exit the game
>> move mission from MPCache folder to MPMission folder
>> voila
>>

>> "opyl" <opyl@n0spam.com> wrote in message

>on
>> >

>> > I was just going to have one of us run the server on our own computer.
>> > The problem is the missions. There are a bunch of team type capture
>> > the flag missions. some deathmatch. and a few that are designated
>> > co-op. I'm just wondering if there is a online resource of a whole
>> > load of downloadable co-op missions.
>> >

>You beat me to it there. Doing it that way is also a good way to try before
>you buy, if you see what I mean. You might want to check out 'mod-folders'
>and some of the newer switchs to play the game with the required addons
>though. Do a search for Avon lady and operation flashpoint.

Thanks all. i'll check out all the sources you mentioned.

On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 15:26:43 GMT, opyl <opyl@n0spam.com> wrote:

>We've been playing Ghost Recon and all it's associated mods for years
>now because there are an enormous amount of missions that work well
>for a group of 3-5 human players (lan or internet) vs the AI. In
>fact all of the single player missions work well in that setup. And
>the user mods are also full of them too.
>
>What about Flashpoint? From reading forums and webpages i see that
>there are a lot of human vs human missions. But what about human vs
>AI? Can anyone point me to a good addon that will have a lot of
>these?
>
>Thanks. So far i'm enjoying the single player experience and i hope
>multiplayer will be just as fun.

One more question.

If i download a multiplayer mission that has respawn turned off, can i
easily edit it and add respawn functionality? I'm hoping that it's a
really simple thing where i can use the mission editor that came with
the game to add a respawn point along with some sort of respawn=yes
flag. But i can see a host of problems too. Maybe i can't edit the
mission with the ingame editor. Maybe it's a very involved process.
Maybe it just can't be done. I have no idea.

So does anyone know?
Thanks for any help.

> On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 15:26:43 GMT, opyl <opyl@n0spam.com> wrote:
>
> >We've been playing Ghost Recon and all it's associated mods for years
> >now because there are an enormous amount of missions that work well
> >for a group of 3-5 human players (lan or internet) vs the AI. In
> >fact all of the single player missions work well in that setup. And
> >the user mods are also full of them too.
> >
> >What about Flashpoint? From reading forums and webpages i see that
> >there are a lot of human vs human missions. But what about human vs
> >AI? Can anyone point me to a good addon that will have a lot of
> >these?
> >
> >Thanks. So far i'm enjoying the single player experience and i hope
> >multiplayer will be just as fun.
>
> One more question.
>
> If i download a multiplayer mission that has respawn turned off, can i
> easily edit it and add respawn functionality? I'm hoping that it's a
> really simple thing where i can use the mission editor that came with
> the game to add a respawn point along with some sort of respawn=yes
> flag. But i can see a host of problems too. Maybe i can't edit the
> mission with the ingame editor. Maybe it's a very involved process.
> Maybe it just can't be done. I have no idea.

You would need to:

1. Decompress the mission .pbo file with a dePBO utility
2. Open the mission folder created and with a text editor edit the
description.ext file and change the respawn option from NONE to GROUP
3. Open the mission in the OFP mission editor and using the save option
export it as a MP mission to recompile the .pbo file.

You should be able to get extra info on this and the dePBO utility from
www.ofpec.com

Remember, the mission maker did this on purpose.. It's kind of 'cheap' to
make a mission easier.. Team respawn off means you have to plan better...

--
-

On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 20:34:09 +0200, "NedFox <TZW>" <neddy@nowhere.com>
wrote:

>Remember, the mission maker did this on purpose.. It's kind of 'cheap' to
>make a mission easier.. Team respawn off means you have to plan better...

Yeah. But it's a bit overwhelming at first. While we're all learning
the game it would be nice if we can just keep respawning for a while.
Then once we know what we're doing we'll try to do it properly.

Thanks.

Dude,

Flashpoint is the fantastic for lans. Check out http://burton-company.co.uk
we used to play ghost recon all the time using co-op and team games, but
flashpoint was so much better. We could stucture the platoon in realistic
ways and the scripting for our own missions was 200% easier and opened up
200% flexability. Without a doubt flashpoint is the best militery game sim
and although Ghost Recon has better graphics it isn't a patch on OFP. Just
like to mention that OFPs collision detection and graphics are poor,
something codemasters hope to resolve for OFP2 this winter.

A good add on is www.project-ukf.co.uk with real UK models. :) War against
Machines <- Don't know exact name has many UK militery vechles like Warrior,
Chanlanger / LandRover making OFP less American than GR. :) AI is fine and
more relistic. Sections will run away flank left and shoot you up the A$$.

Oh yeah on thing that anoid me about OFP was the fact that ganade explosions
go through walls. :) You can almost take out AI in a whole building with
one of em. :(

Thanks,

SasyBoy
"opyl" <opyl@n0spam.com> wrote in message
> We've been playing Ghost Recon and all it's associated mods for years
> now because there are an enormous amount of missions that work well
> for a group of 3-5 human players (lan or internet) vs the AI. In
> fact all of the single player missions work well in that setup. And
> the user mods are also full of them too.
>
> What about Flashpoint? From reading forums and webpages i see that
> there are a lot of human vs human missions. But what about human vs
> AI? Can anyone point me to a good addon that will have a lot of
> these?
>
> Thanks. So far i'm enjoying the single player experience and i hope
> multiplayer will be just as fun.

> Just
> like to mention that OFPs collision detection and graphics are poor,
> something codemasters hope to resolve for OFP2 this winter.

Umm Codemasters?

thats like when i was playing BFV and some1 was like "EA really need
to sort the code out" and i was just like EA probably know less about
the code than i do.

"Placebo (Paul R. Statham)" <placebo@bistudio.com> wrote in message news:<5vKQc.71524$vX4.4214@cyclops.nntpserver.com>...
> > Just
> > like to mention that OFPs collision detection and graphics are poor,
> > something codemasters hope to resolve for OFP2 this winter.
> >

> Umm Codemasters?

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

"goodygood11" <mont29zag@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> yes codemasters, the makers of the game. of course the graphics were poor,

Codemasters didn't make the game. Codemasters don't make any games.

--

Liddle Feesh
*fap fap fap fap*

On Fri, 6 Aug 2004 23:26:33 +0100, <Liddle Feesh> wrote:

>"goodygood11" <mont29zag@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> yes codemasters, the makers of the game. of course the graphics were poor,
>
>Codemasters didn't make the game. Codemasters don't make any games.

I like the fact that the respondent was from the developer, yet
goodygood still tried to correct him :)

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

"[RM]Wolfy" <thenomeaningnofx@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> thats like when i was playing BFV and some1 was like "EA really need
> to sort the code out" and i was just like EA probably know less about
> the code than i do.

LOL, that's true.

--

Liddle Feesh