I HAVE CONNECTED THE HDMI CABLE TO THE TV AND THE VGA TO MY LAPTOP AND GET NO SI

G

Hello,I HAVE CONNECTED THE HDMI CABLE TO THE TV, AND THE VGA TO MY LAPTOP, AND GET NO SIGNAL

What cable and conections are you using? If you have a VGA to HDMI cable, those may not work work unless they are "active". Or are you using an HDMI to HDMI cable?

A note from one of the cable makers "NOTE: Your Video card must support digital signal output through VGA port function. Please consult with your VGA card's user manual for more information. "

Otherwise you need something like this http://www.walmart.com/ip/Aluratek-VGA-to-HDMI-Converter-Adapter/11997632, or just connect to the VGA input on the TV, if it has HDMI, it should have VGA. You'd also need to run the audio cable over to the TV unless you want to hear the sound through the laptop.

highlanderbear

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2011
Have you checked if your laptop is set up for a secondary display, or duplicate display, Normally there is a function key on laptops that lets you choose. Otherwise go to your control panel change the properties on your display.

hecmar1996

Honorable
Aug 31, 2012

ylli

Reputable
Feb 25, 2014