losing connection

jackyle

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2006
I have a linksys BEFW11S4 v4, with a WMP11 PCI wireless card. The two desktops are approximately 20 feet from each other with no walls in between. I upgraded my phones to rule out the 2.4ghz interference, but I still have contstant drops on the wireless PC. It seems to get stuck on renewing the IP, and often show limited or no connectivity upon repairing. Then magically at some point it comes back. When I first boot up that PC it shows signal as Very good normally, sometimes excellent.

I have WEP enabled, SSID, other than that most of the router settings are default. I have tried differnet things in the router settings, and on the wireless side, but nothing seems to take. I have the latest firmware 1.52.02

I just ordered a WUSB11 to see if it is the PCI card giving me the problem, and I ordered HGA7T antenna''s to strenghten the signal.

If anyone can give me some pointers, or advice I would really appreciate it. It's really frustrating cause it's my wifes PC, and she complains to me :evil: