How to Determine FPS?

The_Abyss

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2006
You know the numbers on your card already - 7600 - this is a good start.

Now, divide this number by the size of your screen in inches - maybe 22 or something like that.

Then divide it again by the refresh rate - for LCDs use 60 - I kniow technically there isn't one, but this is why the XP and Vista display properties still quote 60.

Now, there is no need to actually play the game to see the fps, just look at the cover. There are normally some numbers on it, i.e. Half Life 2. Multiply your previous answer by this figure.

Add on to this the price of the game you wish to benchmark (in US $ only) and voila, there's your FPS calculation.

Some will tell you that this is incorrect, however they're all wrong. Everyone knows that a sequel or last part of trilogy uis better developed and runs more smoothly. that's why you get higher FPS - a higher number on the box.

You know the numbers on your card already - 7600 - this is a good start.

Now, divide this number by the size of your screen in inches - maybe 22 or something like that.

Then divide it again by the refresh rate - for LCDs use 60 - I kniow technically there isn't one, but this is why the XP and Vista display properties still quote 60.

Now, there is no need to actually play the game to see the fps, just look at the cover. There are normally some numbers on it, i.e. Half Life 2. Multiply your previous answer by this figure.

Add on to this the price of the game you wish to benchmark (in US $ only) and voila, there's your FPS calculation.

Some will tell you that this is incorrect, however they're all wrong. Everyone knows that a sequel or last part of trilogy uis better developed and runs more smoothly. that's why you get higher FPS - a higher number on the box.

That just might be crazy enough to work!! :lol:

It also depends on the game. In COD2 you can input a code when you hit the ~ button that'll display it on screen.

noingwhat

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009

OMG!! I tried this and it was only about 5 fps off!!!

ATI Radeon- 3200
15.4 inch screen size
LCD display
Crysis (no numbers on box)

I got about 4!!! I only get about 7-12 fps in the game!!! But i kill everything on my computer, explorer, sidebar, antivirus..... so i bet if I fired it up like normal, that is all I would get!!!!!!!

Although you are slightly wrong, you dont add the price.

I also tried this in fsx and i actually got about 23-28 fps, and with the calculations I got 34.

Strange huh?