Where are the god damn dx10 patches

fullmetal001

Distinguished
May 19, 2006
well there was news that there should be a dx10 patch for company of heroes comen out at the end of march! look at the date now, and what about supreme comander.

well any new news on when there getn released? thanks

Robs88s

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2007
well there was news that there should be a dx10 patch for company of heroes comen out at the end of march! look at the date now, and what about supreme comander.

Watch your mouth.

darkguset

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006

Something tells me that they are working to finalise DX10.1 first, then they will do the patches. No reason to release a DX10 patch and then release another one next month for DX10.1

Be patient, its all new to everyone, Vista, DX10, ATI's X2900 etc etc...
it will take some time for things to settle.

Glacier

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2004
Something tells me that they are working to finalise DX10.1 first, then they will do the patches.

I've got to agree with you there. Then again, I would be impatient too if I had paid that much money for a directx 10 card.

james_8970

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2007
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't even think vista has the official DX10. While it does mention it under Run->Dxdiag It's not the case, it's really something like 9.0CL or something, can't remember exactly what it was called, read something a week or two back. Anyways, what's the rush for coders, if there is very little hardware to optimize it, why not wait a while longer to work out all the bugs so that when it's finally released it will be an enjoyable experience.
James

mad_murdock

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2006
Man, so much confusion.

From Chuck Walbourn in the Vista.games newsgroup.

Technical clarification: Windows Vista's runtime supports Direct3D9,
Direct3D9Ex, Direct3D10, and older interfaces. DXDiag reports it as "version 10" for simplicity, but that number has been meaningless for a few years now. The Windows Vista runtime also supports all the other usual DirectX 9.0c interfaces except DirectPlay Voice and Direct3D Retained Mode which were removed. When you run the DirectX End-User Runtime installer or a game uses the DirectSetup REDIST on Windows Vista (or XP SP 2 for that matter) nothing in the runtime gets updated or installed. Only the SDK optional components like D3DX9, D3DX10, XACT, XINPUT, etc. get installed.

The new Aero desktop uses Direct3D9Ex. This API requires Windows Vista, a DX9 card, and a WDDM driver. It does NOT require Direct3D 10.

The Direct3D 10 API requires Windows Vista and a Direct3D 10 video card.

darkguset

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't even think vista has the official DX10. While it does mention it under Run->Dxdiag It's not the case, it's really something like 9.0CL or something, can't remember exactly what it was called, read something a week or two back. Anyways, what's the rush for coders, if there is very little hardware to optimize it, why not wait a while longer to work out all the bugs so that when it's finally released it will be an enjoyable experience.
James

Vista does feature DX10, what you read is about how it handles DX9 applications for which it uses a DX version which sits between DX9.0c and DX10. But it does feature full DX10.0 compatibility.

james_8970

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2007
Umm thats exactly what he's complaining about......Not the hardware/software issues that you seem to think he talking about. Did you happen to read the first post?

Robs88s

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2007
Umm thats exactly what he's complaining about......Not the hardware/software issues that you seem to think he talking about. Did you happen to read the first post?

Yes I did :roll: Read it again. There are no DX10 games on the market right now.

He mentioned a whopping 2 titles that should have a patch. Big deal.

The majority is still DX9.

The_Abyss

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2006
But is that really an excuse for why Nvidia's driver support is so poor?

The R600 isn't even to market yet and the Vista ATI drivers are more mature and better performing.

Robs88s

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2007

The R600 isn't even to market yet and the Vista ATI drivers are more mature and better performing.

When you can show me ONE legitimate review concerning ATI's first DX10 cards with VISTA then you can make this claim.

Seeing as you cant provide this info you seriously need to STFU because you are one of the biggest retarded ATI fanboys to ever grace this forum.

Nvidia's G80 series has been the reigning champ now for the past 6 month's in DX9 even though the card was created for DX10 and I am quite confident that by the time nvidia feels any direct competition from ATI you can expect them to get some decent Vista And DX10 drivers out the door.

No DX10 games are even available right now and no comp from ATI currently so no rush.

Get over your self you pompous prick :roll:

Robs88s

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2007
When the R600 hits the market and legit benchmarks between it and the G80 surface with vista and DX10 then and only then all you ATI fanboy loving fags can finally talk all the sh1t you want to talk if ATI ends up destroying Nvidia.

As of right now no one has any sort of real proof for how either are going to perform. If nvidia can hold its on with the G80 in DX10 then they have a real winner on their hands considering how well the card manages DX9 even though it was built with DX10 in mind.

ATI has a lot to live up to and anyone with half a brain that isnt the fanboy to the degree that you are can see that.

The_Abyss

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2006
Robs88s said:

Oh dear, you're taking this rather hard and personally.

I said drivers, not cards. Nvidia's new monthly release for Vista - where is it? Last release for Vista 32 bit was February and it still isn't signed. ATI's driver was signed last year.

When you can show me ONE legitimate review concerning ATI's first DX10 cards with VISTA then you can make this claim.

I didn't make any claim.

Seeing as you cant provide this info you seriously need to STFU because you are one of the biggest retarded ATI fanboys to ever grace this forum.

A fact based on my 7900GT card....

Nvidia's G80 series has been the reigning champ now for the past 6 month's in DX9 even though the card was created for DX10 and I am quite confident that by the time nvidia feels any direct competition from ATI you can expect them to get some decent Vista And DX10 drivers out the door.

The global Nvidia market is reassured by your confidence, but is a little unsure based on their track record to date.

No DX10 games are even available right now and no comp from ATI currently so no rush.

Ah - ok. Nothing else around so sh!t will do and everyone will love it...

Get over your self you pompous prick :roll:

Please don't try to personlise your own shortcomings - it only makes you stand out even more. It's for your own good.

james_8970

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2007
Rob, WTF, you are a fanboy like no other!
All you do is throw random STFU all over you posts and contribute nothing to these forums. While I agree, many people are throwing things out there that have yet to be proved, there is no reason to act the way you do. So to you my friend, CALME THE FUCK DOWN! Take a good damn chill pill at that!
James

P.S. Did you change your name to try and disguise who you are? You really should have chosen a name....I don't know.....a little different. :roll: