Defender2516

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2006
To put it shortly, i'm having tons of trouble. Every game demo I download, it won't run due to my direct not being the most updated version. When I try to update it, the computer "thinks" its already got the most updated files and won't add them.

I tried EVERYTHING at this point and i'm just flat out tired. I need a program to uninstall DirectX9.0c!

I already tried some program called udx. Suppose to uninstall directx, but not matter which option I choose, it gives me a error when trying to uninstall it.

Can someone PLEASE help? :(

~Defender~

bacis

Distinguished
May 29, 2005
hi.
why do u need to unistall directx 9.0c,
this is the latest version od directx file.
propably your problem comes from the copy of game u get.
u said its demo.[/i]Every game demo I download, it won't run due to my direct not being the most updated version

jbrownos

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
Typically it isn't necessary to remove previous versions of DirectX to install new ones. If you simply run an installer for 9.0c it will simply update or overwrite any previous version. Keep in mind that there have been bi-monthly updates to DirectX 9.0c, which are required by some games, which means that there is more than one version of 9.0c. You can download the latest DirectX installer from Microsoft here:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/default.mspx

If you need to verify your version of DirectX or troubleshoot it, the dxdiag utility will provide detailed information for you. You can type in "dxdiag" (without the quotes) in the Run box under the Start Menu to access it. If you still run into problems it might help to have the utility save all information to a text file and post it. I suspect that if the installer at the URL above won't update properly, it's going to be hard to fix however (although I'm guessing it will work).

Anyway, good luck and I hope that helps.