Uh, Ubisoft?

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/08/09/news_6104475.html

Discuss.
6 answers Last reply
More about ubisoft
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 07:53:11 -0400, "Homer J. Simpson"
    <root@127.0.0.1> wrote:

    >http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/08/09/news_6104475.html
    >
    >Discuss.

    Wouldn't necessarily be such a bad thing, Ubi certainly seem to have
    the marketing budget to make titles more popular (which in turn makes
    MP more enjoyable).

    Given that several titles that are to be published by Codemasters have
    been delayed, I wonder whether that's due to publish
    influence/constraints. If so, a buyout could also help get them
    shifted faster (if in fact it would allow for greater resources).
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    they are a good company, but i think it could make the process of getting
    opf2 put much slower and maybe even have effects on the finished product.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 13:12:49 -0400, "goodygood11"
    <mont29zag@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >they are a good company, but i think it could make the process of getting
    >opf2 put much slower and maybe even have effects on the finished product.

    Ubi/Redstorm seem to be pretty fast in getting games out the door, so
    it seems as though Ubi encourage more releases within a series, in
    fact I would argue that they encourage this more than any other
    publisher.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    slob wrote:
    > On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 13:12:49 -0400, "goodygood11"
    > <mont29zag@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >
    >> they are a good company, but i think it could make the process of
    >> getting opf2 put much slower and maybe even have effects on the
    >> finished product.
    >
    > Ubi/Redstorm seem to be pretty fast in getting games out the door, so
    > it seems as though Ubi encourage more releases within a series, in
    > fact I would argue that they encourage this more than any other
    > publisher.

    IL2 seems to have really benefitted from being with Ubisoft. Not only that, but they have already
    put out three products (IL2, IL2 - Forgotten Battles and IL2 - Ace Expansion) and a fourth is
    imminent. I guess some people will see this as milking the product, but it certainly has expanded
    the quality of the game and maintained interest, almost making the IL2 brand a gaming franchise.
    Smart cookies IMO.

  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    When something is as good as IL2 you can only make money turning out new
    campaigns and vehicles, etc.

    --Uzi

    "Sham B" <shamb@takemeouteasynet.co.uk> wrote in message

    > slob wrote:
    >> On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 13:12:49 -0400, "goodygood11"
    >> <mont29zag@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>> they are a good company, but i think it could make the process of
    >>> getting opf2 put much slower and maybe even have effects on the
    >>> finished product.
    >>
    >> Ubi/Redstorm seem to be pretty fast in getting games out the door, so
    >> it seems as though Ubi encourage more releases within a series, in
    >> fact I would argue that they encourage this more than any other
    >> publisher.
    >
    > IL2 seems to have really benefitted from being with Ubisoft. Not only
    > that, but they have already
    > put out three products (IL2, IL2 - Forgotten Battles and IL2 - Ace
    > Expansion) and a fourth is
    > imminent. I guess some people will see this as milking the product, but it
    > certainly has expanded
    > the quality of the game and maintained interest, almost making the IL2
    > brand a gaming franchise.
    > Smart cookies IMO.

  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    Homer J. Simpson wrote:
    > http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/08/09/news_6104475.html
    >
    > Discuss.

    "spring 2006" :(