  • Games
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
August 10, 2004 11:53:11 AM

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/08/09/news_6104475.ht...

Discuss.

More about : ubisoft

Anonymous
August 11, 2004 2:57:18 AM

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 07:53:11 -0400, "Homer J. Simpson"
<root@127.0.0.1> wrote:

>http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/08/09/news_6104475.ht...
>
>Discuss.

Wouldn't necessarily be such a bad thing, Ubi certainly seem to have
the marketing budget to make titles more popular (which in turn makes
MP more enjoyable).

Given that several titles that are to be published by Codemasters have
been delayed, I wonder whether that's due to publish
influence/constraints. If so, a buyout could also help get them
shifted faster (if in fact it would allow for greater resources).
Anonymous
August 11, 2004 2:57:19 AM

they are a good company, but i think it could make the process of getting
opf2 put much slower and maybe even have effects on the finished product.
August 12, 2004 2:59:27 AM

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 13:12:49 -0400, "goodygood11"
<mont29zag@yahoo.com> wrote:

>they are a good company, but i think it could make the process of getting
>opf2 put much slower and maybe even have effects on the finished product.

Ubi/Redstorm seem to be pretty fast in getting games out the door, so
it seems as though Ubi encourage more releases within a series, in
fact I would argue that they encourage this more than any other
publisher.
Anonymous
August 12, 2004 2:59:28 AM

slob wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 13:12:49 -0400, "goodygood11"
> <mont29zag@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> they are a good company, but i think it could make the process of
>> getting opf2 put much slower and maybe even have effects on the
>> finished product.
>
> Ubi/Redstorm seem to be pretty fast in getting games out the door, so
> it seems as though Ubi encourage more releases within a series, in
> fact I would argue that they encourage this more than any other
> publisher.

IL2 seems to have really benefitted from being with Ubisoft. Not only that, but they have already
put out three products (IL2, IL2 - Forgotten Battles and IL2 - Ace Expansion) and a fourth is
imminent. I guess some people will see this as milking the product, but it certainly has expanded
the quality of the game and maintained interest, almost making the IL2 brand a gaming franchise.
Smart cookies IMO.

August 12, 2004 4:53:26 AM

When something is as good as IL2 you can only make money turning out new
campaigns and vehicles, etc.

--Uzi