BruceMyers48

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2001
I have received this message from PC-Cillin "detected unstable behavior in the network, hardware, operating system, or another app. and automatically reverted to it's last know configuration ". I have also received a low memory message. This is a brand new system I built with a good MSI board , i gig of Kingston mem. After the PC-Cillin message and reboot It is running stable. When it wasn't you could not do any thing especially online with numerous pages open up. Very strange behavior. I am running Sunbelts Counterspy which is a very good anti spyware program and running the XP Firewall. This seems to be a program draining the PC and not spyware because very little surfing was done. I will uninstall Counterspy to see if there is a memory leak. Has any one had this problem? Bruce

casemods

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2006
The only thing any "anti" programs have ever brought me is more trouble.

If you don't want tracking cookies, don't let your browser set them freely, I recently discovered this.

Second, you can get Peer Guardian 2, which blocks about 9,000,000 IP's. Just run it and go to myspace.

Yes, myspace is full of spyware as you will see.

As far as your browser goes, get firefox 2 with at least the noscript extension.

Hope this helps :)