Crysis benchmarked on 7800GT and X1900XT!

RTsa

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2006
http://www.bilgiustam.com/?p=104

I was looking for more benchmarks on the turkish site and found this:
crysistest1.jpg

Great news for those, who thought their computer might not take Crysis very well! :)

I wonder how well it'll run on my rig. :twisted:

No1sFanboy

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2006
The OP is starting this thread only to continue a useless argument from another thread.
http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/2900XT-8800GTX-Crysis-demo-benchftopic-232492-days0-orderasc-125.html

He is upset that someone linked to benchmarks though they could be fake. The OP in that thread actually linked to a sight but in this case RTSa is actually making this up with the intention of misleading. He in some strange way believes this proves his point.
RTSa probably will never understand the difference because he appears to be incapable of reason.

I ask you again RTSa:
A lot of websites linked to these benches. Bullarh simply passed the info on to others who read this forum and provided the link. We all know that they could be fake but that is not Bullarh's problem. Does everyone participating in this forum have to validate all links?
I credit the guy for sharing what he found and linking to it. Personally I feel the benches have little merit and hold myself responsible to form my own opinion. I would rather have the opportunity to read the benches than have the OP not share.

RTsa

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2006
Does everyone participating in this forum have to validate all links?
No, of course not. Why should I have to do that, then?

Did it ever occur to you that perhaps I'm telling the truth? Perhaps there was an article on the turkish site that had that bench picture, which I posted here. Perhaps they posted that first, but removed it since the one with 8800GTX and 2900XT was better, since it's the first Crysis bench, but also a bench for the R600.

Also, why the fuck do people type my name RTSa, when it's clearly RTsa? :?

Heyyou27

Splendid
Jan 4, 2006
Sure it could, if the game is favourable to NVIDIA.
You're nuts; "The way it's meant to be played" is nothing more than a marketing gimmick, and has nothing to do with performance. If the 7800GT can't keep up with any game out now, what makes you think it'll be able to do it in a more complex environment?

Dade_0182

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2006
Sure it could, if the game is favourable to NVIDIA.
You're nuts; "The way it's meant to be played" is nothing more than a marketing gimmick, and has nothing to do with performance. If the 7800GT can't keep up with any game out now, what makes you think it'll be able to do it in a more complex environment?Why do you think they call them Nvidiots???

This is pretty funny.

People are getting worked up about a game that has not been officially benchmarked nor released. In the end either the PC will be able to play Crysis at an acceptable level or it will not.

For those who think their system will be too slow, you might as well start saving up money. If it turns out that once Crysis has been officially benchmarked and will indeed require an "uber" PC, then you got the money to go on a shopping spree. However, if your PC is good enough, then congratulations, you don't need to upgrade unless you want to.

For those kids who don't have a job and can't convince their parents to upgrade the PC, well then tough luck. You'll just have to wait and see if your PC can handle it.

I would like to play Crysis, but I'm not going to loose sleep wondering if my E6600 and X1900XT 512MB can handle it.

Heyyou27

Splendid
Jan 4, 2006
The game's not optimized yet. You know just as well as I do that some games run better on NVIDIA cards while other games run better on ATI cards. Why else would a card lose in one game and win in another?

example:
7800GTX vs 1800XT in Oblivion
7800GTX vs 1800XT in HL2:Episode 1

As you can see, the difference can be HUGE.
1) Toms VGA charts are rarely accurate
2) That was a 7800GTX, not a 7800GT
3) The engine used in Oblivion is far richer feature set than the Source engine, and would be a much more accurate representation of how Crysis will perform under Direct X9.