1394 network adapter problems... HELP

fender22

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2007
I cannot get any connection on this system and I think I've found the problem... It has happened before, but not quite as bad.. After mucking around it Device Manager I found my 1394 network adapter with a yellow exclamation point, when looking at the properties It says it cannon function (CODE 10).. I can detect and see all wireless connections with my ZyXEL M-302 but it will never stop renewing the IP address, never ever.. What can I do?!? Is there a driver I need? Has my mobo had it??? Please help.... :!:

Windows Xp Home
Athlon Xp 2200+
M7VIB-A KT266A MOBO

P.S. I need this fixed so my family gets off my gaming rig......
:x

fender22

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2007
1394 is firewire. It has nothing to do with your internet connection.

yeah I kno it has to do with fire wire, but its under my network adapters, and it is having problems, so my guess is that it is attributing to my problems

Iceblue

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2006

yeah I kno it has to do with fire wire, but its under my network adapters, and it is having problems, so my guess is that it is attributing to my problemsMy guess is your guess is wrong. 8)

fender22

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2007

yeah I kno it has to do with fire wire, but its under my network adapters, and it is having problems, so my guess is that it is attributing to my problemsMy guess is your guess is wrong. 8)

.. ok, well do u have a different sugestion because I would really like my computer to work. :lol: :wink:

Iceblue

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2006
Are you using the utility that came with your ZyXel? The ZyXel adapters I've used (haven't used your exact one) work best with their own utility software rather than allowing Windows to manage the wireless connection.

What are you using for a wireless access point / router? You could try a fixed IP and see if that works.

fender22

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2007
Are you using the utility that came with your ZyXel? The ZyXel adapters I've used (haven't used your exact one) work best with their own utility software rather than allowing Windows to manage the wireless connection.

What are you using for a wireless access point / router? You could try a fixed IP and see if that works.

I use the ZyXel utility, its paired with a ZyXel X-550 router, I did get it to work eventually, Dynamic IP works for now, at least until I host severs for online game play on my other computer, then I'll have to make it a static. I'm just happy to have my fam off my gaming rig now..

G

So I guess you could say that Iceblue's guess about Firewire not being the problem is correct. Further, I guess you really didn't know what you were doing in the first place. Have a nice day!

Grumpy