Starting to understand the Zen of Tanking

There is an interesting thread on the official forums about the Zen of
Tanking.

I recently started a tanker (Stone/Axe), and while I was playing last
night, started to understand what it meant.

I had one of the first PP missions (kill 10 CoT). I couldn't find a team
(not even any PCSAR were on!!!) and decided to try the groups by myself.

So I jump into a group of 9 mobs, all -1 and -2 to me (I was L12), turned
on Mud Pots, and just sat there, watching the little numbers roll up, hand
near the mouse, fingers on the keyboard ready to react.

It took a while, but my little tanker killed them all, with only one or two
attacks needed to take out a Lt.

--
Marcel

nostromo

Thus spake Marcel Beaudoin <me@privacy.net>, 25 Feb 2005 16:18:16 GMT, Anno
Domini:

>There is an interesting thread on the official forums about the Zen of
>Tanking.
>
>I recently started a tanker (Stone/Axe), and while I was playing last
>night, started to understand what it meant.
>
>I had one of the first PP missions (kill 10 CoT). I couldn't find a team
>(not even any PCSAR were on!!!) and decided to try the groups by myself.
>
>So I jump into a group of 9 mobs, all -1 and -2 to me (I was L12), turned
>on Mud Pots, and just sat there, watching the little numbers roll up, hand
>near the mouse, fingers on the keyboard ready to react.
>
>It took a while, but my little tanker killed them all, with only one or two
>attacks needed to take out a Lt.

You should try a Invul/Fire tanker with max slotted Combustion after he gets
Invincibility AND Stamina! ;-)

--
No matter how many times you save the world, it always manages to get back in jeopardy again.
Sometimes I just want it to stay saved! You know, for a little bit?