VGA to HDMI Converter?

Last response: in Home Theatre
November 11, 2004 5:21:39 AM

Hi,

I would like to hook up my Dell Inspiron Notebook to my new HDTV. I could
use S-Video I guess, but I think VGA to HDMI would be preferrable.

Is there a box that takes both the VGA and an Sound jack from my computer
and outputs HDMI? If not, there should be.

Thanks,

Steve

More about : vga hdmi converter

Anonymous
November 11, 2004 1:38:04 PM

It would be quite expensive since VGA is analog and HDMI is digital.

Kal

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 02:21:39 -0600, "SVD" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I would like to hook up my Dell Inspiron Notebook to my new HDTV. I could
>use S-Video I guess, but I think VGA to HDMI would be preferrable.
>
>Is there a box that takes both the VGA and an Sound jack from my computer
>and outputs HDMI? If not, there should be.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Steve

Anonymous
November 11, 2004 3:54:46 PM

SVD wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to hook up my Dell Inspiron Notebook to my new HDTV. I could
> use S-Video I guess, but I think VGA to HDMI would be preferrable.
>
> Is there a box that takes both the VGA and an Sound jack from my computer
> and outputs HDMI? If not, there should be.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Steve

Does your HDTV have a VGA port? Most of them do. It may be called a
RGB D-Sub 15 pin port (analog). It would be a whole lot easier to hook
your laptop through VGA or S-Video than to find an analog VGA to digital
HDMI converter which likely does not exist. They may be a DVI or HDMI
Video pc card for laptops by now, but I have not looked.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
November 12, 2004 10:02:34 PM

Try going to Beach Audio and look at their Gefen line of AV
cables/adapters. They have a large selection.

Dave - N2LAK

SVD wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to hook up my Dell Inspiron Notebook to my new HDTV. I could
> use S-Video I guess, but I think VGA to HDMI would be preferrable.
>
> Is there a box that takes both the VGA and an Sound jack from my computer
> and outputs HDMI? If not, there should be.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Steve

October 26, 2007 8:15:33 AM

hi, Steve
VGA TO HDMI;
yes,
HDMI Converter
(VGA and AUDIO to HDMI; Or HD, YpbPr to HDMI)
LKV350
Introduction
-The LKV350 is a HDMI converter
-It converts VGA input into HDMI output; or converters HD, YpbPr to HDMI
-It achieves long-distance transmission of HDMI signal of more than 15 meters
-LKV350 offers solutions for digital entertainment center
-HDTV retail and show site, HDTV, STB, DVD and Projector factory
-space and security concerns, data center control, information distribution
-conference room presentation, school and corporate training environments

Technical specification:
-Operating temperature range: -5 to +35℃(-41 to +95℉)
-Operating humidity range:5 to 90 % RH (no condensation)
-Power Supply:5VDC

FEATURES:
-Easy to Use: Install in seconds, no need for setting
-Conversion: It could convert VGA and audio;or converters HD, YpbPr into complete HDMI.
-HD CP compliant

CONNECT AND OPERATE
-Connect the input sources into LKV350. (Input cables are optional)
-Connect the HDMI device into the HDMI Output slot in the back of LKV350.
-Insert the DC side of 5v power supply into LKV350 and then connect
-the AC side of the power supply into the wall outlet
email : iris@lenkeng.com
Yejianfang014@163.com
MSN; yejianfang014@hotmail.com
October 26, 2007 8:16:01 AM

[...]

April 9, 2008 3:20:51 PM

Atlona Technologies has just released a unit that has a VGA input and audio input ( optical or mini stereo ) and hdmi output. The difference between other products is that the Atlona unit has a built-in scaler, which means that you would not have to adjust your video card to native resolution of the TV in order to get video. The Atlona box will scale anything that is being sent from laptop or desktop to HDMI and you can select the resolution that you want out of 20 available.

There are 2 models: AT-HD500 and AT-HD510VGA

http://www.lenexpo-electronics.com/PC-to-TV-Converters-...

The AT-HD510VGA has a local VGA output so that if you are using a desktop then you can still have a local monitor working.
May 23, 2008 12:14:01 AM

You can convert VGA to HDMI, but it requires an analog-to-digital conversion. A lot of people will tell you that when you transmit one format to another you lose some quality - while that's probably technically true, in practice I can't really tell a difference. The main reason not to do it is because it's expensive.

Here is a guide to converting VGA to HDMI.
June 26, 2008 9:56:15 PM

Well, the Startech converter is great when your TV is capable of accepting computer resolution though the HDMI port ( which is not the case with most of the TV`s on todays market). In order to get the Sratech device to work you would have to modify your video card output to be let`s say 1280x720 or 1920x1080, that modification might require some additional software a lot of time. I do suggest a converter which has a scaler built-in, it is an only way to get what you want without messing with computer settings
July 6, 2008 1:25:56 PM

Hi ,

As long as I know , there is only a DVI to HDMI converter but not VGA to HDMI.

thats what I'm familiar with.

Best Regards,
Noam
July 12, 2008 3:29:42 PM

I was going to buy HD Fury Cable, the costs is way less then a full converter and also needs no power source as most converters do. has anyone use this cable yet? seems that it shoudl work. I am wanting to use it to connect my new Dell XPS lap top that has an HDMI out to a DLP projector that only had VGA input the VGA input on the projector supports the use of VGA to Component so I don't see why this would not work.

http://www.consoleshop.com/product.php?productid=20586#...

July 12, 2008 4:14:31 PM

Ok so I think i jumped the gun and wrote the above a bit 2 quick. I found the above is only for use with x-box - play station so now from what i can tell i need is:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=101&...

This is from the same compnay just for gen use. and I have found it for a better price. about 75 plus another 8 for the cable to go from DVI to HDMI

seems this is a perfect fit and a perfect answer to the problem?
December 17, 2008 1:22:59 AM

Would just hooking up an HDMI to DVI converter to a DVI to vga converter work?
January 1, 2009 12:52:12 AM

Typical cheap connection scenarios are digital-digital or analog-analog: DVI to HDMI, Component to Component, S-Video to S-Video, VGA to VGA, VGA to component. Whenever conversion is done between analog and digital, price will rise significantly. So VGA (analog) to HDMI (digital) would be expensive. VGA(analog only)-DVI(analog/digital)-HDMI(digital only) involves analog to digital, therefore cannot work as is, it also requires some sort of analog to digital conversion device, again, expensive. If I had to spend the money, I would rather spend on a USB display adapter with DVI output which is cheaper than the analog-digital conversion solutions. It adds an additional display adapter to your computer, which is great if you like multiple monitors, and also enables you to browse web in your computer's monitor and in the meanwhile play a movie to the HDTV from the same computer. However driver support may not be always available for your OS.
Anonymous
March 18, 2010 3:37:36 PM

Good tools. But I use Presentation to Video Converter and I like program.
Anonymous
July 5, 2010 10:51:24 AM

if you go this route it's going to look bad on a hdtv
if you're going to spend the money on a hdtv use high def sources for your media
your computer needs to have either a dvi or hdmi output.
i buy dvi - hdmi cables at monoprice dot com

there will be no improvement in video quality converting your vga(d-sub) to hdmi.
Spend less and use S-video or composite
Anonymous
August 4, 2010 2:18:49 AM

iPad, declaired by Apple Inc. as a Magical and Revolutionary product, is announced on January 27, 2010 and released on April 3, 2010. The tablet computer is quickly popular among people who go after the latest fashion. Therefore, Emicsoft iPad Video Converter is created to solve the problem that AVI or MPEG or WMV videos can not be played by iPad. You may also interested in DVD to iPad Converter
iPad to Computer Transfer
iPad Transfer
iPad Converter for Mac
Mac DVD to iPad Converter
iPad to Mac Transfer
November 12, 2010 12:35:54 AM

********* iPad Video Converter is the easiest-to-use video converter software for Apple iPad. It can convert almost all video format, e.g. DivX, XviD, MOV, RM, rmvb, MPEG, VOB, DVD, WMV, AVI to iPad video format. It is also a powerful iPad video converter with fast conversion speed. And the output iPad video supports iPad screen, you can enjoy your favorite movie on your iPad as a MPEG-4 Player. Now you can get this iPad video converter at a very competitive price!

Big Sale: There is a good chance to buy the best ********* iPad Video Converter which is on discount now. Its regular price is $29.95, now you need to pay Only $19.47 (35.00% OFF). Buy ********* iPad Video Converter with discount coupon, don’t miss the boat.

More discounting softwares, please visit http://www.****

February 26, 2011 6:30:12 AM

:wahoo:  :wahoo:
Hello Steve:

Elongshine Technology Limited provides

VGA,Audio to HDMI Converter(HD-621)
HDMI to VGA, Audio Converter(HD-602)

Website: http://elongshine.com
Email: Sales@elongshine.com
March 10, 2011 7:48:19 AM

Quote:

Hi,

I would like to hook up my Dell Inspiron Notebook to my new HDTV. I could
use S-Video I guess, but I think VGA to HDMI would be preferrable.

Is there a box that takes both the VGA and an Sound jack from my computer
and outputs HDMI? If not, there should be.

Thanks,

Steve

Quote:

Hi,

I would like to hook up my Dell Inspiron Notebook to my new HDTV. I could
use S-Video I guess, but I think VGA to HDMI would be preferrable.

Is there a box that takes both the VGA and an Sound jack from my computer
and outputs HDMI? If not, there should be.

Thanks,

Steve

HDMI supports standard video formats, enhanced video and high-definition. It is also backwards compatible with DVI (Digital Video Interface). High-end graphics cards featuring a DVI port can connect to a HDMI interface via a DVI/HDMI cable. This is simply a cable with a DVI connector on one end and a HDMI connector on the other. As a rule, HDMI cables should not run longer than 15 feet (5 meters), or degradation of the signal could occur.
HDMI Converters : http://www.espow.com/wholesale-entertainment-home-theat...
March 10, 2011 11:30:22 PM

VGA,Audio to HDMI Converter(HD-621) Input: 1*VGA, Stereo Audio(R/L) Output: 1*HDMI(1.3) 1080P USD$28.00/pcs

HDMI to VGA, Audio Converter(HD-602) HDMI Input : 480i, 480P, 576I, 576P, 720P, l080I, 1080P
VGA Output Mode: 800*600@60Hz, 1024*768@60Hz, 1280*1024@60Hz, 1440*900@Hz,
1680*1050@60Hz, 1600*1200@60Hz, 1920*1080@60Hz, 1920*1200@60Hz
HDMI 1.3 and HDCP compliant Stereo AUDIO (R/L) USD$27.00/pcs

March 17, 2011 12:51:26 PM

elongshine said:
VGA,Audio to HDMI Converter(HD-621) Input: 1*VGA, Stereo Audio(R/L) Output: 1*HDMI(1.3) 1080P USD$28.00/pcs

HDMI to VGA, Audio Converter(HD-602) HDMI Input : 480i, 480P, 576I, 576P, 720P, l080I, 1080P
VGA Output Mode: 800*600@60Hz, 1024*768@60Hz, 1280*1024@60Hz, 1440*900@Hz,
1680*1050@60Hz, 1600*1200@60Hz, 1920*1080@60Hz, 1920*1200@60Hz
HDMI 1.3 and HDCP compliant Stereo AUDIO (R/L) USD$27.00/pcs

Ok I have a Dell Mini and I need to connect it to a projector the Dell only has HDMI output and it needs to go to VGA or S video. Will Converter (HD- 621) do this for me? If so where do I get it?

Rob
wngrob@cox.net
March 23, 2011 1:24:34 AM

HDMI cable 1.3 and 1.4 is the interface standard.
1.3 released in 2006, up to 1080P clarity. We currently use is the most common.
Version 1.4 was released last year, are 3D, the maximum resolution of support to 4K * 2K. However, very little is also currently on the market of such products.
In addition, B and C is the interface type.
There are three HDMI interface types, A, B, C.
Which is a standard type A 19 pin connector, but also the highest penetration rate; B-type interface size slightly larger, but has 29 pins that can provide dual TMDS transmission channel (double the transmission speed.) The C-interface and performance of the same type A, but smaller, more suitable for compact portable devices.
So if you buy the line, be sure to watch your home television and computer interface which type to buy is not wrong to insert into the.
In general all should be-A.
May 30, 2011 7:24:02 AM

Displayport to HDMI, Displayport to VGA.... many choices for the displayport transfer here in www.hoyasource.com

Here you can also find the HDMI switch and adapter, Common HDMI cable that less than USD4, and Fashion Flat HDMI cables.

Come to Choose what u want.
June 20, 2011 6:32:16 PM

Steve,

Here's the answer to your question. Go to http://vgatohdmi.com

It shows you the converter and connections; all the cables you need; how much the converter costs; and a video on how to make it work.

David
December 31, 2011 12:25:15 PM

Quote:

Hi,

I would like to hook up my Dell Inspiron Notebook to my new HDTV. I could
use S-Video I guess, but I think VGA to HDMI would be preferrable.

Is there a box that takes both the VGA and an Sound jack from my computer
and outputs HDMI? If not, there should be.

Thanks,

Steve

December 31, 2011 12:31:46 PM

Quote:

Hi,

I would like to hook up my Dell Inspiron Notebook to my new HDTV. I could
use S-Video I guess, but I think VGA to HDMI would be preferrable.

Is there a box that takes both the VGA and an Sound jack from my computer
and outputs HDMI? If not, there should be.

Thanks,

Steve

My TV is a 42" flat screen W/ s-video @ hdmI connectors on both cable-One
receiver & TV. In detail, please walk me thru the hook-up. :bounce:  :pt1cable:
December 31, 2011 12:33:30 PM

Quote:

Hi,

I would like to hook up my Dell Inspiron Notebook to my new HDTV. I could
use S-Video I guess, but I think VGA to HDMI would be preferrable.

Is there a box that takes both the VGA and an Sound jack from my computer
and outputs HDMI? If not, there should be.

Thanks,

Steve

Im not hooking it up to my laptop, just the TV.
April 4, 2012 8:17:34 PM

it will not work with any thing just get you self a VGA TO HDMI converter box that will cost you around 45 Dollars. that will let you convert analog to digital,since VGA is analog and HDMI is digital.
February 19, 2013 1:33:31 PM

I would recommend going VGA to HDMI as S-Video is a low quality video signal. What you will need is an active converter that goes from VGA to HDMI. I would recommend checking Part # SCA-VGA-HD.
August 6, 2014 7:00:56 PM

Hi,Steve
Your idea is right. A vga to hdmi converter is very practical for you. But you must get an original and high quality product or it can't achive this effect on these professional hdmi websites. Such as Amazon,Hdgenius,Ebay etc.
!