Unable to Start "srservice" Event Error 7023 "Access is De..

Access to what? why?
Since there is no drivetable.txt file in System Volume Information, I
suspect an Ownership or create/write permission problem.
TIA.

Regards,
Sam Holbrook
5 answers Last reply
More about unable start srservice event error 7023 access

    Hi Sam,

    Have you tried taking ownership of the SVI folders yet?

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Sam Holbrook" <samuel.holbrook@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > Access to what? why?
    > Since there is no drivetable.txt file in System Volume Information, I
    > suspect an Ownership or create/write permission problem.
    > TIA.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Sam Holbrook

    Hi Rick,

    Yes. The problem started just after I stopped using simple file sharing and
    added my User ID to the Volume.
    How do I check for "access is denied"?
    Under who's permission does "srservice' run?

    Regards,
    Sam Holbrook

    > Hi Sam,
    >
    > Have you tried taking ownership of the SVI folders yet?
    >
    > --
    > Best of Luck,

    > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    > Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    Hi,

    Did you add yourself for access, or take full ownership of the folders? I
    suspect you may have disabled the administrator access which is why you get
    the error message.

    --

    > Hi Rick,
    >
    > Yes. The problem started just after I stopped using simple file sharing
    > and
    > added my User ID to the Volume.
    > How do I check for "access is denied"?
    > Under who's permission does "srservice' run?
    >
    > Regards,
    > Sam Holbrook

    >> Hi Sam,
    >>
    >> Have you tried taking ownership of the SVI folders yet?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Best of Luck,

    >> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    >> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    Hi Rick,

    How do I relinquish full ownership and return it to the Administrator?
    TIA.

    Regards,
    Sam Holbrook

    > Hi,
    >
    > Did you add yourself for access, or take full ownership of the folders? I
    > suspect you may have disabled the administrator access which is why you
    > get the error message.
    >
    > --
    > Best of Luck,

    > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    > Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    Logon as administrator, retake ownership.

    --

    > Hi Rick,
    >
    > How do I relinquish full ownership and return it to the Administrator?
    > TIA.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Sam Holbrook

    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Did you add yourself for access, or take full ownership of the folders? I
    >> suspect you may have disabled the administrator access which is why you
    >> get the error message.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Best of Luck,

    >> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/