Unable to Start "srservice" Event Error 7023 "Access is De..

April 20, 2005 12:03:33 AM

Access to what? why?
Since there is no drivetable.txt file in System Volume Information, I
suspect an Ownership or create/write permission problem.
TIA.

Regards,
Sam Holbrook
Anonymous
April 20, 2005 1:33:44 AM

Hi Sam,

Have you tried taking ownership of the SVI folders yet?

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Sam Holbrook" <samuel.holbrook@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:o KSugxTRFHA.3288@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> Access to what? why?
> Since there is no drivetable.txt file in System Volume Information, I
> suspect an Ownership or create/write permission problem.
> TIA.
>
> Regards,
> Sam Holbrook

Anonymous
April 20, 2005 9:17:50 PM

Hi Rick,

Yes. The problem started just after I stopped using simple file sharing and
added my User ID to the Volume.
How do I check for "access is denied"?
Under who's permission does "srservice' run?

Regards,
Sam Holbrook

> Hi Sam,
>
> Have you tried taking ownership of the SVI folders yet?
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
Anonymous
April 21, 2005 10:28:53 AM

Hi,

Did you add yourself for access, or take full ownership of the folders? I
suspect you may have disabled the administrator access which is why you get
the error message.

--

> Hi Rick,
>
> Yes. The problem started just after I stopped using simple file sharing
> and
> added my User ID to the Volume.
> How do I check for "access is denied"?
> Under who's permission does "srservice' run?
>
> Regards,
> Sam Holbrook

>> Hi Sam,
>>
>> Have you tried taking ownership of the SVI folders yet?
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,

>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

Anonymous
April 21, 2005 3:57:58 PM

Hi Rick,

How do I relinquish full ownership and return it to the Administrator?
TIA.

Regards,
Sam Holbrook

news:o $xpwzlRFHA.3664@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
>
> Did you add yourself for access, or take full ownership of the folders? I
> suspect you may have disabled the administrator access which is why you
> get the error message.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
Anonymous
April 22, 2005 1:17:35 AM

Logon as administrator, retake ownership.

--

news:o 2XfdroRFHA.1500@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...

!