Closed

Enable Task manager to run on startup?

Is there a way?

I would also like it to minimize itself.
10 answers Last reply
More about enable task manager startup
  1. if you make a batch file that runs taskmngr.exe upon startup, but i don't know the switch parameter to run it minimized

    you can also create an ongoing scheduled task which runs upon logon everytime, kicking off taskmngr.exe...then again, how to get it minimized, someone else can help with that
  2. Here is the bible of batch'in.
    Link

    Just wondering though why?When taskmang is min only see cpu %.Many progs give you that.Cant see that ctr+alt+del is any slower than alt+tab.But if your just wanting to play with your pc( I like to :D )dig into batch files very simple way to do some niffty stuff and play.If you want to play wiwth some more neat progs look in to motherboard monitor its free.
    mobo mont
    Go to kellys corner.Neat stuff for XP
    kellys corner
    goodluck hope this helps.

    P.S.
    Google it to see if there is a way to make taskmanger a toolbar.I just screwed with it a little and was unsucessful :cry: .
  3. Well I only want to see how much CPU is being used, but if I get a program won't that add to the RAM usage and such?
  4. In answer to your question YES it will take up resources.However i think it would be small.BUT.........................
    I FOUND IT I FOUND IT
    ok google found it .
    ta-da
    please let me know how it goes.
    goodluck
    p.s.
    next time you open up taskmanger look at it in the processes tab.It eats up resouces to :)
  5. Quote:
    In answer to your question YES it will take up resources.However i think it would be small.BUT.........................
    I FOUND IT I FOUND IT
    ok google found it .
    ta-da
    please let me know how it goes.
    goodluck
    p.s.
    next time you open up taskmanger look at it in the processes tab.It eats up resouces to :)


    Dude nice find :D
  6. hey

    Enable task manager to run on startup :D
    All you need to do is add taskmanager.exe in startup manager.though MSCONFIG wont allow you :non:
    to add anything.you have to use a startup manager software to make it done.Use advanced system optimizer

    Use its Startup manager. browse task manager from C:\Windows\System32\taskmgr.exe
    See how simple it :)

    Cheers !!!
  7. dred308 said:
    hey

    Enable task manager to run on startup :D
    All you need to do is add taskmanager.exe in startup manager.though MSCONFIG wont allow you :non:
    to add anything.you have to use a startup manager software to make it done.Use advanced system optimizer

    Use its Startup manager. browse task manager from C:\Windows\System32\taskmgr.exe
    See how simple it :)

    Cheers !!!


    You replied directly to a poster and a post from November 2006. Check the date on the thread before posting and causing the thread to skip to the top of the forum.
  8. badge said:
    You replied directly to a poster and a post from November 2006. Check the date on the thread before posting and causing the thread to skip to the top of the forum.


    Most people won't find the thread by forum browsing -- it comes up in Google searches. (edit: The thread has 16896 reads at the moment. That's a lot of people looking for this information.)

    Therefore it's helpful when people post solutions, however long after the fact.
  9. This topic has been closed by Area51reopened
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration Task Manager Windows XP