Enable Task manager to run on startup?

Tags:
  • Configuration
  • Task Manager
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
November 14, 2006 10:44:37 PM

Is there a way?

I would also like it to minimize itself.

More about : enable task manager run startup

November 15, 2006 2:42:15 AM

if you make a batch file that runs taskmngr.exe upon startup, but i don't know the switch parameter to run it minimized

you can also create an ongoing scheduled task which runs upon logon everytime, kicking off taskmngr.exe...then again, how to get it minimized, someone else can help with that
November 19, 2006 5:41:21 PM

Here is the bible of batch'in.
Link

Just wondering though why?When taskmang is min only see cpu %.Many progs give you that.Cant see that ctr+alt+del is any slower than alt+tab.But if your just wanting to play with your pc( I like to :D  )dig into batch files very simple way to do some niffty stuff and play.If you want to play wiwth some more neat progs look in to motherboard monitor its free.
mobo mont
Go to kellys corner.Neat stuff for XP
kellys corner
goodluck hope this helps.

P.S.
Google it to see if there is a way to make taskmanger a toolbar.I just screwed with it a little and was unsucessful :cry:  .
Related resources
November 19, 2006 11:09:44 PM

Well I only want to see how much CPU is being used, but if I get a program won't that add to the RAM usage and such?
November 20, 2006 1:17:24 AM

In answer to your question YES it will take up resources.However i think it would be small.BUT.........................
I FOUND IT I FOUND IT
ok google found it .
ta-da
please let me know how it goes.
goodluck
p.s.
next time you open up taskmanger look at it in the processes tab.It eats up resouces to :) 
November 20, 2006 7:41:47 AM

Quote:
In answer to your question YES it will take up resources.However i think it would be small.BUT.........................
I FOUND IT I FOUND IT
ok google found it .
ta-da
please let me know how it goes.
goodluck
p.s.
next time you open up taskmanger look at it in the processes tab.It eats up resouces to :) 

Dude nice find :D 
July 19, 2010 11:07:21 AM

hey

Enable task manager to run on startup :D 
All you need to do is add taskmanager.exe in startup manager.though MSCONFIG wont allow you :non: 
to add anything.you have to use a startup manager software to make it done.Use advanced system optimizer

Use its Startup manager. browse task manager from C:\Windows\System32\taskmgr.exe
See how simple it :) 

Cheers !!!
July 19, 2010 11:13:29 AM

dred308 said:
hey

Enable task manager to run on startup :D 
All you need to do is add taskmanager.exe in startup manager.though MSCONFIG wont allow you :non: 
to add anything.you have to use a startup manager software to make it done.Use advanced system optimizer

Use its Startup manager. browse task manager from C:\Windows\System32\taskmgr.exe
See how simple it :) 

Cheers !!!

You replied directly to a poster and a post from November 2006. Check the date on the thread before posting and causing the thread to skip to the top of the forum.
Anonymous
July 31, 2011 1:55:11 PM

badge said:
You replied directly to a poster and a post from November 2006. Check the date on the thread before posting and causing the thread to skip to the top of the forum.

Most people won't find the thread by forum browsing -- it comes up in Google searches. (edit: The thread has 16896 reads at the moment. That's a lot of people looking for this information.)

Therefore it's helpful when people post solutions, however long after the fact.
July 31, 2011 11:21:19 PM

This topic has been closed by Area51reopened
!