do i have a better CPU than SONY says for my laptop VAIO???

guys yesterday i bought a SONY VAIO LAPTOP from bestbuy its VGN-AR320E model it says it has a INTEL CORE 2 DUO T5500 AT 1.67 MHZ but when i go to device manager in windows vista and look under processors it says i have INTEL CORE 2 DUO T7200 TWICE...so my question is do i really have the T7200 CPU and its clocked down to a T5500 also when u go to my computer click on properties it says its a T5500 only in device manager it says T7200?????
8 answers Last reply
More about sony laptop vaio
  1. The T7200 is a 2ghz processor.

Does your CPU run at 2ghz?
  2. not sure im not a great tech guy but i do know some things in device manager it does say T7200 2.0 MHZ but most of the time it says t5500 1.67 mhz but is there a way to see what speed my cpu is runnin
  3. Quote:
    not sure im not a great tech guy but i do know some things in device manager it does say T7200 2.0 MHZ but most of the time it says t5500 1.67 mhz but is there a way to see what speed my cpu is runnin

you can use CPU-Z.
    unzip the downloaded file into a folder on your desktop. and just execute it.
    http://www.cpuid.com/download/cpu-z-139.zip
  4. Go to www.cpuid.com and download CPU-Z. Unzip it and run the .exe. Tell us what it says it is.

edit - beaten.
  5. Quote:
    Go to www.cpuid.com and download CPU-Z. Unzip it and run the .exe. Tell us what it says it is.

edit - beaten.

sorry :P
  6. ok ran it it says T5500 @1.66 MHZ hmm just when u click device manager does it sayd T7200 2.0 mhz AND WHEN U CLICK ON PROCESSOR DOES IT SAY T7200 twice i was wondering if sony maybe gave me a T7200 and its running at T5500 SPEED so maybe i could maybe unlock it to run at that speed but that programu sent me does say T5500
  7. You could OC it, but why? What do you plan to do with this laptop?

You can't unlock it to a t7200.
  8. i was going to be using to play everquest 2 and stuff .. i really dont need to overclock it,just if it was somthin easy to do i would unlock it but if it somthin complicated i wouldnt mess w it at all just wanted to have faster cpu if its was simple settings
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Laptops Device Manager