Mobile 5.0 PocketPC

July 12, 2005 1:33:40 PM

Hi,

Does anyone know if there are Pocket PCs running the latest Windows Mobile
5.0 OS? Also a question regarding the upgrade. If a vendor offers upgrade,
say from 2003 to Mobile 5.0, is it possible to switch back and forth between
2003 and 5.0? The reason is that I may want to keep both 2003 version and
Mobile 5.0 version for testing purpose. I don't want to buy two PDAs if I
can help. Any response and help is greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
George

More about : mobile pocketpc

Anonymous
July 12, 2005 1:33:41 PM

George,

For a list of devices that will be upgradable to WM5.0, go to my site and
click on the Windows Mobile 5.0 link.

There are some devices running WM5 but not readily available. Give it a
month or so and they will be everywhere.

Once up upgrade, you are upgraded. It is a ROM update.

Regards,

--
Clinton Fitch
Senior Editor / Owner

"George" <georgeyu@everstone.com.tw> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know if there are Pocket PCs running the latest Windows Mobile
> 5.0 OS? Also a question regarding the upgrade. If a vendor offers upgrade,
> say from 2003 to Mobile 5.0, is it possible to switch back and forth
> between
> 2003 and 5.0? The reason is that I may want to keep both 2003 version and
> Mobile 5.0 version for testing purpose. I don't want to buy two PDAs if I
> can help. Any response and help is greatly appreciated.
>
> Best regards,
> George

Anonymous
July 12, 2005 1:33:41 PM

If you want to use both OS's, you either need two PDA's, or you must update
to each OS everytime you want to use it. It's not like you can dual boot
OS's on a PDA.

"George" <georgeyu@everstone.com.tw> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know if there are Pocket PCs running the latest Windows Mobile
> 5.0 OS? Also a question regarding the upgrade. If a vendor offers upgrade,
> say from 2003 to Mobile 5.0, is it possible to switch back and forth
> between
> 2003 and 5.0? The reason is that I may want to keep both 2003 version and
> Mobile 5.0 version for testing purpose. I don't want to buy two PDAs if I
> can help. Any response and help is greatly appreciated.
>
> Best regards,
> George

July 13, 2005 4:38:17 PM

Guys,