Reset Windows Media icon with Winamp Icon, how?

April 20, 2005 2:30:47 PM

Reset Windows Media icon with Winamp Icon, how?
I have both Winamp and Windows Media player on my computer. I have it set to
all mp3's are opened with Winamp, but the icon marking the mp3's still show
the Media Player icon. How can I fix that?

Thanks.
Anonymous
April 20, 2005 9:28:50 PM

Try right-clicking on a mp3 file, then choose: open with, then: Choose
program. In the list, choose Winamp and check the box Always use this
program..... This should do the trick. If not, you can check file
association. Open Windows explorer, Tools, Folder Options, File Type. Look
for MP/ file, what is the program associated with it and the icon with the
Advanced button.

Ocncs3bRFHA.3076@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...

!