I need a new graphics card

I'm running on an old 64 MB GeForce 2. I'm looking to upgrade a bit, but
I'm not going to spend a lot (so, I won't be upgrading a whole lot, I
guess). I'm thinking I'll spend $100-$150 tops.

Suggestions for the card I should get? I like the GeForce line--they seem
to work with every game I've tried to use on them.

Except, I just tried to play THIEF: DARK SHADOWS, and it needed a shader,
which my GF2 doesn't have, or course.

Suggestions on a card?

On Sun, 22 Aug 2004, Communique wrote:

> I'm running on an old 64 MB GeForce 2. I'm looking to upgrade a bit, but
> I'm not going to spend a lot (so, I won't be upgrading a whole lot, I
> guess). I'm thinking I'll spend $100-$150 tops.
>
> Suggestions for the card I should get? I like the GeForce line--they seem
> to work with every game I've tried to use on them.
>
> Except, I just tried to play THIEF: DARK SHADOWS, and it needed a shader,
> which my GF2 doesn't have, or course.
>
> Suggestions on a card?

I know you say you prefer the GeForce cards, but since I got my ATI Radeon
9800 Pro 128MB card, everything has been excellent, including Doom 3 and
the new Counterstrike Source. You can get the cards for around a hundred
squids now, I think.

Communique wrote:
> I'm running on an old 64 MB GeForce 2. I'm looking to upgrade a bit,
> but I'm not going to spend a lot (so, I won't be upgrading a whole
> lot, I guess). I'm thinking I'll spend $100-$150 tops.
>
> Suggestions on a card?

You can probably afford a GeForceFX 5900XT - I'm very pleased with mine.

--
Mutley!! Doooooo Something!!
Fix Outlook Express - http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/oe-quotefix/

yeah id go with that as well, its good and in your price range.