Status
Not open for further replies.

306maxi

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2006
Downloaded it over two days and I have to say it seems very stable and a lot better that RC1 which to me was a bit of a disappointment. Anyone else had any experiences of Vista now that it's been released into the wild? :)

Rob423

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
im trying to find a good copy.

alot of these downloads are incomplete, i don't wanna waste my time installing and i find out im missing files.

darkstar782

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2005
Meh its so-so.

This is the first build of it I have actually bothered to use.

Its kinda pretty. I suppose DX10 might be cool when its usable and there are games for it. Remote Desktop wont work at all. The added security is very annoying... Keep having to take ownership of files because it wont let me access them. (even folders like C:\Users\<user>\Application Data throw up Access denied).

Its smooth and silky, but not really worth more than about £50 in my opinion.

zarooch

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2006
yes downloaded it, installed it, activated it and of course using it, I personally really needed a change (XP for 3 or 4 years), so its good having it new look and feel the ease of use etc. But since my test machine doesn't support its graphics (only 640 X 480 16-Bit on Intel D815 on-board graphics) so can't use it much anyways I'm waiting for my purchase of laptop with Vista installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.