Related resources
April 18, 2007 10:53:19 AM

Quote:
Yep, it's just a marketing.

is HDCP important to you?
April 18, 2007 8:11:44 PM

Quote:
Yep, it's just a marketing.

Actually, I am wrong (for certain monitors).

Widescreen monitors that tilts to portrait mode will require Vista compatible drivers, if you want to use them in portrait mode.

Quote:
is HDCP important to you?

I don't think HDCP is a requirement for Windows Vista certification. For example, video cards with HDCP capabilities are not advertised as "Windows Vista Certified". Yet such a video card would be necessary to display HD video on a monitor if the video content has copy protection.

I am not sure if I will be watching HDCP video on my LCD PC monitor in the near future. But that may be irrelevant anyway since I'm in the market for a 24"+ LCD monitor and they are all HDCP ready (to the best of my knowledge).
December 30, 2008 10:32:28 PM

Jaguarskx- Unfortunately (now almost 2 years after your reply) not all HDTVs currently being sold are HDCP compliant. I recently emailed Olevia asking about the compatibility of their Digital Lifestyles 42" 720p LCD. They replied that none of their TVs are HDCP compliant. I've been shopping around for a few months now, and I've found that most TVs that are compliant list among their inputs '2X HDMI w/ HDCP', while most that are not compliant simply don't mention HDCP, hoping the question won't come up until after they have your money.
Buyer beware!
!