Well, this is so stupid it must be smart

http://www.wired.com/news/business/0,1367,66704,00.html?tw=wn_tophead_6

Munchies:
Demonstrating a deep understanding of what its computer-gaming audience
wants, Sony has built the ability to order pizza into its latest online
multiplayer game.
Type the command "/pizza" while playing Everquest II, a fantasy game with
330,000 active players, and get the Pizza Hut website, where you can place
orders for delivery.
Sony (SNE) plans to integrate the pizza function more tightly into the game,
so players can charge pizza to their monthly game subscription bill.
Though the new pizza feature might satisfy appetites, caution is required as
the game doesn't pause while you're ordering.

=====================

So... when are they going to implement these commands?

/bathroom
/soda
/clean_my_messy_neglected_room
/shower
/laundry
/exercise
/frenzied_self_pleasure
/need_more_money_too_busy_playing_computer_games_for_a_job

(Feel free to add to this list)

George Johnson wrote:

http://www.wired.com/news/business/0,1367,66704,00.html?tw=wn_tophead_6

> Munchies:
> Demonstrating a deep understanding of what its computer-gaming
audience
> wants, Sony has built the ability to order pizza into its latest
online
> multiplayer game.
> Type the command "/pizza" while playing Everquest II, a fantasy game
with
> 330,000 active players, and get the Pizza Hut website, where you can
place
> orders for delivery.
> Sony (SNE) plans to integrate the pizza function more tightly into
the game,
> so players can charge pizza to their monthly game subscription bill.
> Though the new pizza feature might satisfy appetites, caution is
required as
> the game doesn't pause while you're ordering.
>
> =====================
>
> So... when are they going to implement these commands?
>
> /bathroom
> /soda
> /clean_my_messy_neglected_room
> /shower
> /laundry
> /exercise
> /frenzied_self_pleasure
> /need_more_money_too_busy_playing_computer_games_for_a_job
>
> (Feel free to add to this list)

/chit_chat_with_my_wife
/take_the_dog_on_a_walk
/play_my_round_of_golf
/fix_meal
/take_out_trash

If they could just implement these and the ones you've mentioned, I
could spend many more hours in game.

Graham Zaretsky <grahamz@ameritech.net> wrote:
> Anyway, my only point is, that as far as Sony's move is concerned, I
> have less problem with it than I have with the rest of what's
> happening to our country. I fully expect that in 50 years from now,
> that children will be going to corporate-run grammar schools, learning
> to read from McDonaldland books, and learning to be good little
> consumerrs from the age of 4 or 5.

Haven't been around schools or looked at the aisles of Toys R Us lately,
have ya? :p

--
-= Victory Server =-
-= Sgt Glory B: Level 16 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-

Graham Zaretsky <grahamz@ameritech.net> looked up from reading the
say:

>>On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 12:43:01 -0500, "George Johnson"
>><matrix29@voyager.net> wrote:
>>
>>>Type the command "/pizza" while playing Everquest II
<snip>
>Anyway, my only point is, that as far as Sony's move is concerned, I
>have less problem with it than I have with the rest of what's
>happening to our country. I fully expect that in 50 years from now,
>that children will be going to corporate-run grammar schools, learning
>to read from McDonaldland books, and learning to be good little
>consumerrs from the age of 4 or 5.

As long as they actually learn to read and spell, it'll be better than
what we have now.

People who write things like "wat"(what) "neway"(anyway) and similar
abortions instead of proper english need to be beaten severely until
they stop.

If corporate primers will stop it, more power to them.

Xocyll

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 11:03:09 -0500, Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net>
wrote:

>As long as they actually learn to read and spell, it'll be better than
>what we have now.
>
>People who write things like "wat"(what) "neway"(anyway) and similar
>abortions instead of proper english need to be beaten severely until
>they stop.
>
>If corporate primers will stop it, more power to them.

The problem with that is it's not a matter of not knowing, but a
matter of laziness combined with the delusion that it makes them look
"kewl". I only fear these becoming accepted norms

--
Dark Tyger

Sympathy for the retailer:
http://www.actsofgord.com/index.html