Core 2 Thermal Temp.

Atolsammeek

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I have a question on both Core 2 desktop cpu and Core 2 Laptop Cpus.

They are both setup for 100 Celsius before automaticly shutting down? Here why I am asking this.

cfisherrktk

The one that scares me about using a desktop cpu in a notebook is heat. The desktop chips are only rated to 60 degrees Celcius. A mobile cpu is rated to 100 degrees Celcius.
For giggles, find and load TAT (Intel's Thermal Anaylis Tool). Start a cpu run with 100% load. Most cpu's will hit well over 60 degrees Celcius in a few short minutes inside a notebook... that would fry a desktop chip.

They had better of done some serious cooling to these boxes...

I just want to check on cfisherrktk info. Core 2 Desktops cpu burn out at 60c. I think it funny. I beleave both Laptop cpu and Desktop cpu core 2 are rated for 100c before shutting off.

http://forumz.tomshardware.com/mobile/Quad-Core-Laptop-ftopict48433.html

The guy who wrote the topic First Quad Core Laptop Now Available!!!

Did not read the Info right and was thinking the Core 2 extream was a quad core.

I also dont think Killernotebook Know much about very high end desktop replacements.

apt403

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2006
Desktop C2Ds have a max temp of 85ºc, at that temp the pc will shut itself down to avoid damage. Laptop C2Ds can go up to 100ºc before shutting down. 60ºc is perfectly safe for both laptop and desktop C2Ds.

Read the Core 2 Duo Temperature Guide by CompuTronix, awesome guide.