Keyfinder that can work off a boot disk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAC_HATER

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2006
Hi guys, i've been keeping up with the forums for a few months and registered today cause i have the following problem:

got a issue with my parents PC - they tried to install Service Pack 2 and it killed their PC. - i have tried uninstalling SP2 from the recovery console to no avail - it will not boot in safe mode or normal mode - saying that it has shut down the system because "winsrv" was not found - i want to do a complete reload anyway BUT i can not find the XP CD key that they bought - they thought it was not important and threw it out and the fact i cant get into windows at all means i cant use the magic jellybean key finder - is there a (free) keyfinder that can boot off a floppy or CD? cause i dont think my parents want to buy a 2nd copy of XP

cheers for any help :D

MAC_HATER

G

if...there is a keyfinder, it will only work if they had purchased a retail xp install, if it's an OEM, it will not work

Not true! Keyfinder works with any version of XP. Where did you get that information?

Grumpy

fattony

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2006
no, i mean if he finds his key, and the install was from an OEM, and he gets an xp retail cd from wherever since he doesn't have his original OEM cd, that key will not work on a retail install

if he didn't have an OEM to begin with, it won't matter

Ray Wollek

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2010
Hi, MAC_HATER! You can using Windows Key Finder 1.3 boot CD to boot your problem computer, the CD allows you to recover product keys for Windows, Office,etc..

Magic jellybean key finder works only if you can get into Windows..

Status
Not open for further replies.