Incoming mails disappear when replied to

I use Windows XP Outlook (not outlook express).

When responding to an incoming e-mail the original e-mail disappears. The
reply, however, stays in the sent folder so there is no problem in following
the text.

However, if there was an attachment in the original e-mail then that is lost
unless I have remembered to save it before replying to the incoming e-mail.

any ideas on how I can fix this problem?
2 answers Last reply
More about incoming mails disappear replied

    It may well be in one of the option settings under tools that defines how
    the original e-mail is treated, have a look there. Also I'm pretty sure if
    you just reply Outlook drops any attachments unless you manually put them
    back, if you forward it retains them, again there might be something in the
    options to cover this.

    Office user wrote:
    || I use Windows XP Outlook (not outlook express).
    || When responding to an incoming e-mail the original e-mail
    || disappears. The reply, however, stays in the sent folder so there is
    || no problem in following the text.

    Check your View settings are not set to "Unread" messages only.
    (View-Current View - may be slightly different if you are using Outlook
    2003)

    || However, if there was an attachment in the original e-mail then that
    || is lost unless I have remembered to save it before replying to the
    || incoming e-mail.
    || any ideas on how I can fix this problem?

    If you hit "Reply" then any attachments are NOT included on the basis that
    the sender already has it! See my comment above on your View settings for
    your Inbox.

    HTH

    --
    Gordon Burgess-Parker
    www.gbpcomputing.co.uk

Outlook Windows XP Microsoft Outlook Express Email