babaghan

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2007
I just picked up a Zalman CNPS9700 NT and - to my delight - these people have a sense of humour. The user manual cautions the installer to "avoid inserting any objects into the fan while it is in operation." Whew! It's a good thing I read that - I was about to snap a Canucks hockey card to the cooler to hear a neat clicking sound.

Another piece of advice warns, "Do not injest or make oral contact with the thermal grease." I came soooo close to to buttering a cracker with the supplied grease, but thankfully Zalman saved the day!

A cultural difference between Canada and Sweden - the warnings in user manuals there (chainsaws, for example) are almost non-existant. Evidently, people there are too embarrased to litigate or sue when they do something moronic with their sharp or powerful tools.

Windows Vista Premium
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 (no OC)
BFG GeForce 8800 GTX OC
Corsair XMS2 TWIN2X2048-6400 2X1GB DDR2-800
Western Digital 150GB Raptor x2
Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro Series
Dell E207WFP & Samsung SyncMaster 213T
Asus Striker Extreme Motherboard
PC Power & Cooling Turbo-Cool 1KW-SR
Silverstone Temjin TJ07 with window
Pioneer DVR-212D DVD/CD Writer
APC Back-UPS XS 1000
Various trick lighting, rubber grommets, & LEDs

rammedstein

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2006
it's all because of countries like Australia, where you can break into someones house, trip over, break your leg, then sue the owner of the house.

locky28

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2006
You'd be surprised how stupid people are these day's, it makes sense to have even the lamest precautions on your product.

Here in Australia I heard about some clown who sued the Local council and got some stupid amount of money because he fell out of a tree and there weren't any "Please do no climb tree's" signs.

Retard.

EDIT: haha rammdstein, that reminds me of another story from down here.

Some clown broke into someones house via the roof, fair enough, that seems like a logical way to do it. So this guy crawled around the roofing till he found a manhole, he lifted the manhole up, started to climb down and oh no, fell down and broke his leg.

6 Weeks later he sued the old lady for X amount of dollars succesfully under a slip and fall claim.