user accounts info needed

April 21, 2005 11:22:36 AM

I am a new user to Windows XP Pro, using it at home and not on a network. I
set up a limited account for my wife, and then activated the guest account
for my visiting kids. I was surprised when my grandson downloaded and
installed software the other day. I "guessed" that a guest account was more
limited than a limited account and would not be able to do that.

What are the differences between accounts, and can they be configured to
allow/disallow software installation?

Is using guest accounts a good idea?

Thanks!

Boatman
Anonymous
April 21, 2005 12:34:21 PM

Your grandson is a hacker and I guess you didn't secure the
default administrator account with a password or your user
account either.

The guest account will not normally connect to the Internet
and a limited user account will not allow installing
programs.

!