Sign in with
Your question

newbie question about wired ethernet

Last response: in Networking
March 19, 2007 2:40:13 AM

Newbie new build here, I subscribe to 2 ISP providers, cable (Time Warner- Roadrunner) and WiMax (I think thats what it's called - Clearwire)
I have been searching high and low for either a 5.25 or 3.5 card or panel for the front of the case in which I can connect the ethernet cable to, instead of the connector in the back.
Does anyone make such an item, or should I be looking at different technology here? USB? FireWire?
Any suggestions greatly appreciated
March 20, 2007 1:40:46 PM

I have never seen a front panel Ethernet connector (keyword seen: That doesn't mean that they do not exist). but there are USB ethernet adapters on the market.

Any reason why the back panel connection doesn't work for you?
March 20, 2007 2:45:52 PM

Quote:
I have never seen a front panel Ethernet connector (keyword seen: That doesn't mean that they do not exist). but there are USB ethernet adapters on the market.

Any reason why the back panel connection doesn't work for you?

Thanks bud for the response,
Yeah, I have found out that such an item is rarer than hen's teeth....lol.
The reason why I need such accessibility is that I take my clearwire modem with me to work ( I work for the local govt. here, surfing activites are monitored as well as Ft. Knox !) for use with my laptop. I also use it for my desktop system as well, hence the need for a front panel connector.
Guess I will use a USB adapter....
!