scorpmrat

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2006
I am really tight on money atm, so im looking to buy an open box from newegg, an x800 GT for $60

My question os, what do I need, because it comes with only the card itself. Im guessing I already have the VGA plug from my comp, anything else?

Also, I notice one 4 pin power pulg free in my case, is that the seperate power for the card? (im guessing it take one because it was old high end)

Last 300 Watt psu should be good no?

nightscope

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2007
I am really tight on money atm, so im looking to buy an open box from newegg, an x800 GT for $60

My question os, what do I need, because it comes with only the card itself. Im guessing I already have the VGA plug from my comp, anything else?

Also, I notice one 4 pin power pulg free in my case, is that the seperate power for the card? (im guessing it take one because it was old high end)

Last 300 Watt psu should be good no?

You only need the card itself, and a 6 pin power chord. Yes, a 300 Watt PSU should be fine. I ran an x850 xt on a 300 watt psu and it ran fine.

rammedstein

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2006
I'd assume that the card is fine, the person bought it hoping he could bios mod ti to an 850XT PE but couldn't so returned it, you'll probably need a 4pin molex to 6pin pci-e but it might only need one of the oldstyle ones probably.

scorpmrat

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2006
Well, I think I have 2 spare 4 pin power connecters, maybe its 6 pin? Im not sre, so I would have to buy an adapter too then?