Watercooling assembly question

03flat4

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2006
I am putting together my first water cooling rig using the H120 Premium kit. I don't like those plastic clamps, so I got some worm drive clamps from lowes. I just finished putting it all together, carefully tightening the clamps on till they are snug then giving them a little extra. My question is, is this sufficient? Are the hose clamps used to prevent leakage, or to just make sure the hose stays put. With these worm drive clamps, this hose isn't going anywhere :lol:

Cinder

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006
I believe that the flange or flanges on the hose nipples are there to prevent leaks in a low pressure system and the clamp just holds the hose onto the nipple. You should probably remove your cooling system from your computer and test run it for a day or two just to just to see if it leaks.

03flat4

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2006
I believe that the flange or flanges on the hose nipples are there to prevent leaks in a low pressure system and the clamp just holds the hose onto the nipple. You should probably remove your cooling system from your computer and test run it for a day or two just to just to see if it leaks.

That is what I thought, about those flanges, since it is a low pressure system. I read Maxxxracer's guide, and it was nice. He recommended against the worm gear drives for the thinner wall tubing, so I decided to use them, but was very careful to just make it tightened to hold the tube, then just go a little more, since he said that those worm gear drives can cause damage if overtightened. Yanked on the tube some, and it didnt give at all :) I will definitely be testing it with a very watch ful eye and computer off!