iceman845

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2006
2 questions: first, just recently, when i turn on the comp, in black screen, it says system running in fail safe mode-check bios settings, hit f1 to continue. I haven't changed anything for the longest time, and when i go in to bios to check settings, everything is as it should. HOw do i remidy this?.
2. I installed a second harddrive so i could put vista preview on it. and it worked fine. When i booted the stystem asked me what os to boot under. Long time has passed, i have removed that harddrive, and that screen still asks me if i want to boot to vista or xp. I obviously can't boot to vista, i just want it to bypass that screen. help plz!

1. It is possible that your CMOS battery is low. Usually it is a CR-2032 located near the bottom right of the motherboard.
2. You need to edit your "boot.ini" file. Make sure you know what you are doing. Also make a backup before any changes.

iceman845

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2006
alright thank you, i just downloaded a program to edit vista boot settings and it worked perfectly. as for the first question, do you think i could clear the cmos to clear that problem up, because the computer was only built in june. so i don't think the battery is the problem?

TRENDING THREADS