free vista business

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordaardvark2

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2005
for those of you who don't know, you can get a free legal copy of vista business ( the second-bestest version) by watching three brainwashing... er... informative vids from microsoft.

just go to www.powertogether.com in IE (sry, firefox and the likes won't work). you have to like do some stuff, blah blah blah, FREE VISTA IN THE MAIL. full legit copy. check it out.

originally found on joystiq.

lordaardvark2

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2005
yeah, i know, tell me about it... i couldn't even get it to work earlier this afternoon.... i hope i didn't piss a bunch of people off by going, "look, its free! oh, oops, nevermind, denied."

but if it changes anything, i got the shaft too. oh well. hopefully some lucky people got the vids watched..... (opens utorrent)

Spiv

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2006
Nice opportunity, but it seems expired now.

If you don't like the price of Vista, get a job. If you already have a job, stop spending money and save up for a few weeks. Honestly, $300 is not a lot of money.

lordaardvark2

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2005
yeah, i can understand where you're coming from, but for an unemployed student with absolutely no time to work and no legal means of transportation to any employment facilities, not to mention the fact that you are below the legal working age, you pretty much can't afford a new $300 operating system. just a lil out of budget.

lordaardvark2

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2005
yeah, really, i'm still pissed about those, and they've been high like all f'ing year. oh well. i like to dream that they'll come down as vista starts hoarding mass amounts of users ram, come early next year.

will you be able to turn off that feature where "common" programs are like preloaded into your ram? b/c i'd rather have ram, and control over my computer, than preloaded programs. oh well. it'll be forever and a day till i get vista, and by then, there'll be enough service packs to fix any large issues. hopefully.

omg DaSickNinja totally responded to my post!

I'm not sure if you can turn off that feature, as it will be a total bitch to anyone that games, but rest assured, someone will make a patch of it or there will be a program that may be out that works around the issue. At least there better be...
...Meh...

lordaardvark2

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2005
yeah, man, really. not only do i like my ram/PF usage as LOW as possible, but i've also seen terminator too many times.... i don't particularly want my computer cache-ing NUCLEAR ANNIHILATION without my permission. i bet it'll be disable-able, or atleast offset by that one feature, where you can plug in USB keys and use them to suppliment your mem [i can see it now, the back and front of my case bristling with usb keys... i need all the RAM i can get!]

whats up with all the "meh"s? he sez it, its in his sig, his banner matches those of others, like 20 other people have it too.... is this some kind of secret organization?

Err, sure, you do that.
The, "meh" is just something I say when I don't feel like dignifying a post with a well thought out diss/response. Its exclusively mine, so anyone using it is using my line. Therefore, meh. As for the banner, click on it for more information...

diplomat696

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2004
yeah, i can understand where you're coming from, but for an unemployed student with absolutely no time to work and no legal means of transportation to any employment facilities, not to mention the fact that you are below the legal working age, you pretty much can't afford a new $300 operating system. just a lil out of budget.

Stop drinking for a few weeks and u can easily save $300 :)

lordaardvark2

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2005
okay, i'm below the legal working age but i should stop buyin booze? riiiiiiiiight. i wish i could either buy it or stop, alas i have ZERO income. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.