FelipeBR

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2007
I had a problem with my harddrive (which is explained further down this post). So, I managed to restore the data I needed on to my own computer.
Now, I got that HD back to its former computer and went to install Windows... first time I booted up Windows Installer, asked it to create to partitions and then told it to install itself on C. Ok, went out of the house for a while and, when I'm back, the computer is on the first screen of the Windows Installer (!) and I saw that no partitions were created, no windows installed, nothing! Ok, I, once again, partitioned the HD, installed Windows... this time all went ok. It finished installing a while ago, and, while I was burning some software to a DVD on my computer to install there, I let it formating the other partition (D). When the DVD finished burning, I got the DVD back to the computer and, suprise surprise, it was AGAIN at the Windows Installer!!! I rebooted and it said that there was no system on the drive...
So, my questions are:
- What is up with this HD????
- Has it already gone to the other world and I need a new one?
- Is there any probable cause for it so I wouldn't spend money on a new HD just so it'd end up 'bricked' again... Could it be a bad motherboard/ram?

Thanks in advance for any help!