Sign in with
Your question

Can I run 2 Radeon X800 XT's on a Intel D975XBX?

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Monitors
  • Radeon
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 18, 2007 10:56:44 PM

I have one ATI Radeon X800 XT , looking to add a second. As far as I can tell, by adding a second, both slots will run at 4x? But I'm dubious as to whether this will actually work? The think I can't get over, is how do you power the second vid-card? Am I going to need a juiced up power supply? I don't game at all, only looking to get 3 monitors to run statistical software (code on one monitor, pretty graphs on the middle, write document on the last monitor).

More about : run radeon x800 intel d975xbx

Anonymous
April 18, 2007 11:50:57 PM

no if you add second card both slots will run at 8X and 3rd slot will run at 4X
April 19, 2007 1:00:56 AM

if buying an X800XT to CS you got to remember that you need a special Crossfire Version of X800XT, plus you have to use that stupid dongle.... so for you i dont think its worth it at all. you can always CF, a pair of X1650XT for really cheap 200$ and they dont need that dongle for it to work. obviously though a powerful PSU somelike 500W is needed
Related resources
April 19, 2007 1:06:24 AM

...."CS"..."CF"....I'm not getting the terminology. I'm assuming from your post, that I just can't drop two X800XTs in there to run 3 monitors...I need a "Crossfire" and a dongle?
April 19, 2007 1:42:21 AM

You don't need to worry about crossfire for what you are talking about. xazax was just being a little rambunctious. :)  Anyway, for what it sounds like you need, it should work. However, seeing as you plan to use the third monitor for simple things, you could likely just put in a cheaper PCI card, or a cheaper PCIe card. Your choice.

Best of Luck
!