hdmi connection Sony DVD to JVC Plasma

Last response: in Home Theatre
November 14, 2004 5:33:29 AM

Hi,
I connected a Sony DVD player (DVP-NS975V) with HDMI output to a JVC
flatscreen (PD-42V475) with HDMI input. No picture. Also, the HDMI
light on the Sony stays dark indicating that HDMI connection is not
working.
I used high end audioquest HDMI-HDMI 1m cable.
Any ideas? I tried to switch from auto HDMI on the Sony to manual
modes, but no luck.
Thanks
/M
Anonymous