Silences

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2007
I just recently got a new MB and it has 4 RAM slots, two colored black and yellow together and a little bit away the same thing. In the manual it says that one pair is channel A and one is B. But I couldnt find anywhere where it would tell me how to install my RAM. I have 2 sticks of 1gb each, should I put both in Channel A, being black slot + yellow, or keep the ram in the same color coded slots, so one in A and one in B. So confusing :(

ches111

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2006
We are going to need the MB manufacturer/make so we can help.

Dual channel setups Channel A an B are likely. But need to see your manual to make sure.

Silences

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2007
Whoops sorry! I have a Asus P5B Deluxe MB

I looked in the manual and it was kind of confusing, saying you could mix a + b with different sized ram and stuff, made no sense to me :(

Newf

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2005
I just recently got a new MB and it has 4 RAM slots, two colored black and yellow together and a little bit away the same thing. In the manual it says that one pair is channel A and one is B. But I couldnt find anywhere where it would tell me how to install my RAM. I have 2 sticks of 1gb each, should I put both in Channel A, being black slot + yellow, or keep the ram in the same color coded slots, so one in A and one in B. So confusing :(
Yes it is. Use the two yellow dimm slots.