Help with AM2 pin volt mod??????????????

djstone86

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2007
I'm have a tough time understanding how to volt mod my 4600+. Right now the voltage is at 1.3, and i want to set it at 1.45 (which should be safe). I used the Interactive AMD Athlon 64 Socket AM2 CPU Pinmod guide, http://www.ocinside.de/go_e.html?http://www.ocinside.de/html/workshop/am2pinmod/amd_socket_am2_pinmod.html

and when i put the values in, It shows reserved. What exactly does this mean? I would post on their forums but I cant understand that language. I hope to overclock to about 2.9- 3.1@ 1.1 with my ram, is this feasible?

dr_kuli

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2007
and when i put the values in, It shows reserved. What exactly does this mean? I would post on their forums but I cant understand that language.
But you do understand English, right? So here's the qoute from their handling instructions (link is on the same page as pin mod guide):
calculates not only the Vcore pins, but also which pins on the basis of the original Vcore really have to be changed for the Vcore increase. If no connections are indicated, this CPU voltage is not adjustable due to the original CPU voltage.

djstone86

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2007
How could i have missed it? Thanks. One more question though, since it seems that my only options are 1.35volts and 1.55 volts, which should i go for to hit that 3.0? Obviously 1.55 would do it, but i dont want to risk damaging the cpu...................

m25

Distinguished
May 23, 2006
and when i put the values in, It shows reserved. What exactly does this mean? I would post on their forums but I cant understand that language.
But you do understand English, right? So here's the qoute from their handling instructions (link is on the same page as pin mod guide):
calculates not only the Vcore pins, but also which pins on the basis of the original Vcore really have to be changed for the Vcore increase. If no connections are indicated, this CPU voltage is not adjustable due to the original CPU voltage.
WTF; it still does not give you enough options. It's not that there are no combinations but they have just wiped them off, because I have visited the same page some 2 weeks ago and you could do almost every combination there, Now you can't select a voltage different from 1.50 and 1.55 and you can't undervolt :cry:
There is another English word I understand however, and it's the 'Reserved' writing on the side of the package :evil:

TRENDING THREADS