Status
Not open for further replies.

HulkHogan

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2006
I bought an Emachines T6524 and the sticker of Authenticity says, "Windows Media Center Edition 2005", but when i go to properties under My Computer it says, "Windows Media Center Edition 2002." Which version do i have??? I ask this because my Zune i bought will only work with Winows Media Center 2005 RollUp2 and my Zune is saying Operating System not supported, please update Zune software or Operating System. I have updated my OS and i have no more updates. I think i've been hosed. Please some one explain to me if i have 2002 or 2005 and if i have 2002, why does my sticker of Authenticity say 2005! I bought this from BB by the way.

Thanks,
Hulk

exit2dos

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2006
2002 is the core version of XP-Pro it's based on. All 2005 versions say 2002 under "properties". I recommend making sure that Rollup 2 is applied - I don't think the Rollups for MCE were considered "Critical", so they won't show up if you use the "Express" option with Window Update, nor will they be automatically installed. Instead, go to Windows Update, and press the "Custom" install button. Then, check under "Software, Optional" - if any Rollups are availible, then select & install them.

HulkHogan

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2006
Yup, that's it. I had to go to windows update and actually type in the update "KD 900325" and install that. Once i did that, the Zune would work.

Thanks for all the help

Hulk

nhow

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2010

It's several years after the thread but you've also just helped me HUGELY...I never knew how to access Windows Update or how to check Optional updates. Not only have I finally been able to install Zune but also now know how to check on potential updates that MS doesn't deem 'Urgent.' Many thanks!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.